ACK Community

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Garth's Equipment Shop

ACK Community

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Where it all began. - The 2007 ACS thread where nihilvulture first mentioned ACK on Jolt Country which got the attention of jjsonick who then made a fan site and finally inspired Chris Hopkins to begin updating the old (10 years old at the time) 2.0 version of ACK.

Other places ACK related discussions or fans may be found lurking on the web:

New Adventure Creation Kit Facebook Page!

jjsonick's ACK blog and mozomedia.com

Game Maker Magazine published a review of Adventure Creation Kit

Garth's attempt at starting a general chat thread for ACK community. It could still prove useful at some point.

Jolt Country's Adventure Creation Kit Community Member Directory:

Admiral Ackguh

Biffsnot

Blacklight

BlueTemplar

Chris H

Daza

elvisT

foody

Garth's Equipment Shop

GB

Heather Harrison

Ice Cream Jonsey

ishtenos

jjsonick

joebonk

jossiejojo

jupider

Mr Goofy

msallen

Nihil Vulture

Pinback

qrleon

rld

Sca

Tdarcos

Totoro

triplefox
Last edited by Garth's Equipment Shop on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 am, edited 9 times in total.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Help promote this undiscovered gem that is ACK!

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

An example of how to promote ACK to the world to provide more places for potential ACK lovers to find this great game building/sharing kit. Initially i thought of providing a standard plug you could copy and paste but after coming back later and reading the below plug i made i realized it isnt standard at all but specific to Adventure Construction Set and youtube. So just take my example and adapt it to whichever site and subject you want to comment on.

Heres the plug for ACK I put in a comment on youtube for any videos i could find related to Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set. Youtube doesnt allow links in comments so you have to get creative there.

Code: Select all

ACS started an itch i still need to scratch 25+ years later! Did you know theres a program called Adventure Creation Kit made back in the 90s that was directly inspired by Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set? It comes with its own DOSbox launcher and a small community has formed around it. 80sgaming d o t org to dl it.

Look for facebook page: AdventureCreationKit

ACK Discussions take place at joltcountry+(dot)+com