Steam Log

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Steam Log

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Putting games on Steam is absolutely the worst thing I've ever experienced with computers. I have to assume they make it a shitty pile of shit because there is no real competition and people put up with it.

First problem - I paid $100 to get "credits" to put a new game on Steam. I go back to the Dashboard and I'm told I have no credits.

Steam 1, ICJ 0.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Steam Log

UPDATE: It was a race condition. It's there now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

There is a very convoluted process to pick "tags". Which is amazing because Steam doesn't let you sort or search your library by tags.

It took a few minutes to fill out everything. I guess it's good that they have a wizard for this. I hit "publish" at the end. (Why is it "publish"? That implies I'm publishing the game. Shouldn't it be "Save"? I'm saving the tags they made me add.

I get this:

I wait a minute. I hit "Publish" again. This time it works but leaves me on the Tags page. Did it save? Who knows?

Next, I have to dig around to see what else needs to be done. Before I did the tags I filled out the system requirements. I go to another page. The system requirements I filled out aren't there. Cool.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I can confirm it now. It didn't save ANYTHING for the tags.

What an absolute piece of shitware.