TDR vs. Pinback Showmatch!

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

TDR vs. Pinback Showmatch!

Post by pinback »

The goal: Have TDR and me go against each other in a delicious game of StarCraft II!

Obstacle #1: TDR doesn't have a version of the game that would allow him to do it.

Possible Solution: Robb, lend him your account.

Obstacle #2: TDR has to agree to do it.

Possible Solution: TDR agreeing to do it.

Obstacle #3: TDR figuring out how to do it.

Possible Solution: If we get past Obstacles #1 and #2, I will take the reins and git 'er dun!

Comments? Suggestions? Alternate solutions? Additional obstacles??
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

At the completion of the Showmatch, I will do commentary on it and upload the video to Youtube for all to enjoy.

That's gotta be worth somethin', right!??!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Future AWESOMENESS!!!

THE
BAITED BREATH
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'll agree to it IF Tdarcos posts on Caltrops for a week.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I'll agree to it IF Tdarcos posts on Caltrops for a week.
Well, you'd really have to point me there, and while I'm not sure if I'd want to be stuck there for a whole week, I like to roll around various places, but if I can attach to something useful there, I would consider it.

Where is Caltrops?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The forum is here, Commander.

http://www.caltrops.com/pointy.php?acti ... Site&sid=1

All those worlds are yours. Commander.

For instance, you might start a thread in someplace like "Rants." Or something about games in Gamerasutra.

Or any of the bases down below!

In exchange for posting for one week (no min or max required, we're all friends here) you'll also have ten cash dollars sent to your paypal account.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The forum is here, Commander.

All those worlds are yours. Commander.
Except Europa?
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:For instance, you might start a thread in someplace like "Rants." Or something about games in Gamerasutra.

Or any of the bases down below!

In exchange for posting for one week (no min or max required, we're all friends here) you'll also have ten cash dollars sent to your paypal account.
I once said that I wasn't ashamed I could be bribed, if the stakes are high enough, almost anyone can be bribed. No, what I'm ashamed about is how cheaply I can be bribed!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Excellent. That place needs you. It needs your thoughts and your comments and your take on things.

SC2 and Caltrops. This has been a good day for you, my friend. My jewel of That Area Where The DC Sniper And His Kid Killed Those Guys. My fellow poster.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The forum is here, Commander.

Here's a taste, this is the first one, under "Rants", called "A rather stupid item from Michelle Bachmann"

Madamme Michelle Bachmann in her attempts to run for the Republican Nomination for President of the United States has made a really stupid, pandering remark which anyone with any brains knows she can't fulfill.

In an attempt to acquire the "greedy moron" vote she's promised as President to get the price of gasoline down to $2. She can't do it, either.

Supposedly she'd use the "drill, baby, drill" strategy to encourage more drilling. But the results of a new oil well take years and it's not going to do anything in the interim. Besides, we're already pulling more oil out of the ground than ever before, and prices are still going up.

Even if she emptied the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, that would only be a few weeks of supply, and it might not have that much effect on the price. Remember, we're competing with countries like China, so there's a big demand, worldwide, for energy.

The only way we could see gasoline prices drop that much - about 1/2 from the current almost $4 a gallon - is if we had a major economic depression like 1933. Oh, that would really be a great idea, wouldn't it?

Now, she also can't "talk" the oil companies into unilaterally lowering prices, that way would be economic suicide and could lead only one way: Chapter 11.

So the only other things she can possibly do to support this promise to bring the price of gasoline down to $2 is to do one of three things. (1) Impose price controls and watch as there's either no gasoline available at all or we have huge gas lines like we did in the 1970s. (2) Impose more taxes on something else to pay the cost of subsidizing the price of gasoline at $2 a gallon, or (3) simply do the same thing Bush Jr. did to fund the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: spend money to subsidize the price of gasoline and increase the deficit.

So much for being a Republican, this sort of scheme seems like the kind of thing a liberal Democrat would propose.

----
Tansin A. Darcos (TDARCOS)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Excellent! What's your Paypal account so I can pull the trigger on the transfer as soon as possible?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Excellent! What's your Paypal account so I can pull the trigger on the transfer as soon as possible?
Ben keeps giving it out: paul@paul-robinson.us

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Excellent! What's your Paypal account so I can pull the trigger on the transfer as soon as possible?
Oh, since you're paying for it, do you have any subjects you'd like me to comment on? You don't get to decide how I'll comment - I'm willing to whore myself for money but even a respectable whore has things he won't do - but I'm open to suggestions on subjects.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Excellent. That place needs you. It needs your thoughts and your comments and your take on things.

SC2 and Caltrops. This has been a good day for you, my friend. My jewel of That Area Where The DC Sniper And His Kid Killed Those Guys. My fellow poster.
I'll have to comment on that.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:Oh, since you're paying for it, do you have any subjects you'd like me to comment on? You don't get to decide how I'll comment - I'm willing to whore myself for money but even a respectable whore has things he won't do - but I'm open to suggestions on subjects.
No, no -- everything you're doing is fine. Lemme send over the bucks your way because it would be chintzy of me to just wait until the week was up. And I do hope you find that you enjoy your time there and continue to contribute in the future!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ooh! Ooh! (Raises hand like Horshack)

Have him comment on the unplayability of Starcraft 2

That should be a BIG hit on Caltrops.

THE
ANOTHER SUGGESTION
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote:Ooh! Ooh! (Raises hand like Horshack)
Man, that really dates you. I used to watch Kotter when it was first run, and I think it was right when I was in high school.

I think they had a modified version of one of the insults from the show floating around my school. "Up your nose with a rubber hose / and twice as far with a Hershey bar."
Last edited by Tdarcos on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinback

Post by pinback »

So TDR, whaddya say? Can we do this tonight? I haven't played the game in two weeks so I'll be a little rusty, so it'll probably be a closer match.

EMAIL ME OR REPLY HERE IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS TONIGHT.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:So TDR, whaddya say? Can we do this tonight? I haven't played the game in two weeks so I'll be a little rusty, so it'll probably be a closer match.

EMAIL ME OR REPLY HERE IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS TONIGHT.
You know, ever since we discovered my machine slows everything down, we never did try to see if there was a means to fix this or to try something else.

(Just doing my part to help save this base, only 64 more posts needed.)