Show Match #2: 11:30 AM (Pacific) on 10/15/11

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

Show Match #2: 11:30 AM (Pacific) on 10/15/11

Post by RetroRomper »

Pinback: sticky and edit this post as needed! But I'll be looking forward to this...

pinback

Post by pinback »

I can't edit it or Robb will have three-headed kittens.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Hey, for $5 I'll agree not to spectate.

heheheheheheheheheheheeeee
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Do I have to be the guy who has to ask everyone to confirm that they are coming?

Is ChainGangGuy going to be in attendance? ICJ? Tdarcos?

How is Pinback going to distribute his accounts?

Questions...

pinback

Post by pinback »

Robb is a MAYBE. That leaves us with either one or two spare accounts, because he can't get his shit together.

Tdarcos, you and I need to try this shit again to see if maybe it's behaving better now, because otherwise you'll ruin the goddamn showmatch.

CGG, let me know if you want to be part of this shit.

Shit.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Robb is a MAYBE. That leaves us with either one or two spare accounts, because he can't get his shit together.
Well, that's not a problem with me, my shit comes together every couple of days, and it mandatorily comes together for immediate evacuation. Yeah, I always get my shit together and I don't have a choice about it.
pinback wrote:Tdarcos, you and I need to try this shit again to see if maybe it's behaving better now, because otherwise you'll ruin the goddamn showmatch.
That was the point of the joke, i.e. I'd blackmail you this time the $5 you originally promised me for posting to Caltrops, that I have waived because - and if I didn't say thank you before, thank you - finding out about that abortion movie I've been trying to remember the name for 12 years.

But that is a point I'd like to know. I'd like to find out, say in a campaign against you, whether I'm also having a problem, or was it something else.

Damn, I have to stop because I'm being informed I have to get my shit together! (I'm not kidding.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Robb[ ] can't get his shit together. [ ]Tdarcos, you and I need to try this shit again CGG [do you] want to be part of this shit. Shit.
Well, speaking of shit, let me tell you a story, I

%^&tN0-^&*^#$&^FEYOAUsfjkopwr

NO CARRIER

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'm supposed to have some exercise on Saturday. Christ.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'll have about five hours to devote to this, so until around 4:30 or so.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Voice server is up!

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Download the client, then connect to...

ts55.light-speed.com:4936

I'll be idling in there...

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Its 11:30 and besides myself, no one is on... So that means I'll take a quick shower and check back in, in about five minutes.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Retro was lying. I logged on at exactly 11:30 AM, and he was there, and we commenced with SHOWMATCH 2!

It was very exciting and enjoyable and went on for hours! Thank you to everyone who participated, which means NOBODY EXCEPT RETROROMPER.

INCLUDING BLIZZARD, who cannot seem to get a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR right, which resulted in both of us rolling Terran approximately eighteen times in a row.

CONGRATS BLIZZ.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I haven't uploaded the replays because fuck you guys, nobody cares. I'll give you a rundown of how it went, though:

GAME 1: TvT which went for FIFTY-FIVE MINUTES. I got a bit of an advantage, but my man here is relentless, and was expanding all over the map, so I just sat there and waited until I could think of anything to do, or for him to run out of minerals. I never thought of anything to do, but he eventually ran out, so I limped to a win. 1-0 Pinback

GAME 2: TvT (CONGRATS BLIZZ) Retro goes mass reapers and destroys all the mining in my main base. At this point I think he felt pretty good about things, but I don't think he knew that I already had an entire second base running at full-song. His reapers took one wrong turn and got exploded, at which point I just had too much stuff and walked into his base. 2-0 Pinback

GAME 3: At this point we both started just picking ZvP, because fuck Terran, man. Retro shows his epic cheese skills, builds ten thousand cannons in my main base. I turtle up until I can build some brood lords, but just as they got to work cleaning up the cannons, eight million voidrays came in. 2-1 Pinback

GAME 4: We agreed no more cheese at the beginning. But we both knew he was gonna cheese. Mass voidrays this time, which I KNEW was happening, but didn't build enough anti-air in time, and there's just nothing you can do if you haven't prepared properly. 2-2

GAME 5: FUCK THIS SHIT. With all due respect, I was tired of getting cheesed every time by Mr. Romper, so I decided to give him a little of his own medicine, went 7-pool (which means you can get 6 hungry animals on the battlefield very early at the expense of long-term profits), and the hungry animals put a quick end to the proceedings. 3-2 Pinback.

Retro, if I have mischaracterized any of the games, or you personally, please correct this RECAP in any way you see fit.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

RECAP of the erm... RECAP

Games 3 - 5: Pinback was correct: we used quick, cheap tactics to annihilate one another through the last three games. But this needs to be kept in context: both Pinback and I have similar play styles - were both quick in the first seven minutes but peter off from the 9+ mark. The only way to end such a dead lock, is to quickly go en masse of a particular unit type... Since our speeds are similar, a rush breaks the dead lock and because our mid to late game isn't the best, changing tactics is almost impossible.

I wasn't "cheesing" because it was the easiest tactic, but because its a simple counter to our below average play speeds and subsequent drop off. The fact I wasn't able to counter a simple zergling rush is testament to this, while Pinback's inability to counter a mass void ray attack late game, also suggests the same issue with his style.

pinback

Post by pinback »

1. The void ray thing wasn't "late game."

2. I would win in any "macro game" we played against each other.

3. I am going to fight you.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'd like to be in a match. I can probably play Monday night or Thursday night?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Monday at 9:30 PM Pacific?

pinback

Post by pinback »

9:30 Pacific. LET'S GO GOD DAMMIT.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm confirming... Guess we need for ICJ to confirm.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I can't make it tonight. Sorry, I just saw this now! Let me throw out a time later this week, for later this week.