So how is Starcraft "Better" than other games?

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

So how is Starcraft "Better" than other games?

Post by Tdarcos »

* Marble Madness
* Tetris
* Transport Tycoon (Available now in an open-source clone)
* Monopoly
Well, you never "finish" SC2, so it's better than all those you CAN finish, since you can play it forever. That leaves:
* Marble Madness
* Tetris
* Transport Tycoon (Available now in an open-source clone)
* Monopoly
(I realize Marble Madness can be "finished", but there's still a challenge in getting the best score possible, so I'm being a good guy here.)

Two of these games test physical/mental SPEED, and reward improvement in those areas. The other two test decision-making and reward improvement in that.

SC2 tests both, and rewards improvement in both, rendering these other games inferior.

That leaves:

Well, nothing, basically. QUESTION ANSWERED.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

FUCK!!!

SORRY TDARCOS, I meant to edit MY post, and ended up editing YOURS and totally trashing it. I really apologize! You're trying to HELP me here, and I totally screwed it up!

This is horrible.

I am VERY SORRY about this.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

That's one way that SC2 is better than forums, because in SC2 you can't edit other people's stuff and fuck it all up.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:FUCK!!!

SORRY TDARCOS, I meant to edit MY post, and ended up editing YOURS and totally trashing it. I really apologize! You're trying to HELP me here, and I totally screwed it up!

This is horrible.

I am VERY SORRY about this.
You bet your ass it's horrible, I was about ready to get medieval on your ass for editing what I wrote.

TDARCOS: What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' n!33rs, who'll go to work on Pinhead here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. (to Pinhead) Hear me talkin' Chrome Dome?! I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on your ass.

FLACK: I meant what now, between me and you?

TDARCOS: Oh, that what now? Well, let me tell ya what now between me an' you. There is no me an' you. Not no more.

FLACK: So we're cool?

TDARCOS: Yeah man, we're cool. One thing I ask – two things I ask: Don't tell nobody about this. This shit's between me and you and the soon-to-be-livin'-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain, Mr. Post Rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business.

On second thought, I changed my mind. I'll take your apology as sincere, Pinhead.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.