Care to try a rematch?

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Care to try a rematch?

Post by Tdarcos »

Ben, I'm thinking. I think when you had me try Starcraft 2 I was using my older computer.

I'm wondering if using my newer computer which is a 3.2 ghz quad core machine and maybe this is faster.

Care to try a rematch and see if it's any better?

Oh, as for your playing Starcraft 2 over the radio, and how you were saying you can't really give a good description on a non-visual medium, I'm reminded of the line in Slap Shot where the announcer is shocked at the hockey player bopping another over the head with his stick. "Ladies and gentlemen, did you see that?! Oh, wait, you can't see it, I'm on radio..."

"I knew I was going to lose, no big deal. And the other guy, he's a douchebag..."
- Don Rogers

Cop responding to employee evaluation questionaire: Use two adjectives to describe your partner. 'Douche' and 'bag'.
His partner: Uh, dude, neither of those are adjectives.
- Common Law
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

That bit would have been more entertaining except it went on way longer than I'd anticipated.

Everyone skip past that if you listen to the recording.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:That bit would have been more entertaining except it went on way longer than I'd anticipated.

Everyone skip past that if you listen to the recording.
You didn't answer my question. Should I take that as a "no" that you're not interested?
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

Okay, sure, let's try it!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Mind if I join in?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote:Mind if I join in?
Not at all. Aren't there actually three groups? The Terrans, the Zerg and <s>the other group? (There I go with the weak naming, before I could remember whom the Zerg were I referred to them as "the hungry animals.")</s> the Protoss. (This correction inserted courtesy of Wikipedia.)

We could each play a side. All I need is to find out what schedule is good for everyone else. Not having had a lot of experience I'm sure I'll end up as cannon fodder, a lot.

If anyone read the preface to my book, they know how horrible I was at Doom:
Back in the summer of 1995 I had a friend named Erwen Tang, whom I have never met in person, only spoke with him by telephone and e-mail even though we only lived maybe 40 kilometers apart. We played the computer game DOOM - in deathmatch mode - by modem a lot. I'd kill him some times, he'd kill me a lot and we always played take-no-prisoners mode. One time I and one of his friends went at each other and we toasted each other left and right, a charnel-house of killing. When we got finished, we both talked how much fun we had, especially when the other guy did a really neat way of killing us.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak