MLG Raleigh

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

MLG Raleigh

Post by pinback »

Alright, there was this tournament in Raleigh over the weekend, called MLG Raleigh or the "MLG Summer Championship", and I paid $15 for all the coverage online.

For this you get "bonus streams" of other games you might not see, as well as "HD" 1080p streams.

I realized the 1080p was an issue when after two hours I had already used up a third of my monthly bandwidth limit (100gb) at the new house. So I toned that down.

Since then, I've spent the entire weekend watching young people play Starcraft 2 against each other, and though I've done this for over two years now, this latest MLG broadcast has made it official:

SC2 broadcasting is now more insightful, more professional, and less annoying than the vast majority of your broadcasting of your "physical", or "actual" if you will, sports. Credit to Day9, DJWheat, TotalBiscuit and all these other goddamn nerds who have learned enough about the craft of broadcasting live competition to not only not embarrass themselves, but to also make you think "man, SC2 has these guys, and I, the NFL fan, still have to listen to Chucky talk about THESE GUYS, and Al Michaels describe where the booooaowwlll is."

Good job, fellas.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Agreed. It really is incompetent management (for football and baseball) that has strangled the joy out of the games. The first couple of games Jon Gruden did, he sounded great. Well, then they GOT TO HIM.

They do that with all announcers, and it makes the playoffs for football and baseball particularly unbearable. Why are hockey announcers better? Because they have less people above them telling them how to do their jobs badly, because hockey's ratings are lower.

I applaud Day[9] and those other guys I don't know. The NFL is pretty much unwatchable these days, with the constant commercials and insipid announcers. I can no longer just watch a game. I need something else to do while it is happening.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!