Anyone taking off March 12-13?

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Anyone taking off March 12-13?

Post by pinback »

I'm taking paid time off on March 12-13. Why not just March 12? Because things never work on launch day anymore, so I'm taking the next day just in case things don't work on launch day (which they never do anymore.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback is correct.

These churling manbabies can't get their stuff going on the first day. Though they have presale numbers in most cases and though they can preload content, the day of release comes as a complete surprise.

By the time our generation got our shit together so that we could take a day off whenever we wanted (Tdarcos: YEAH!) the idiot generation behind us forgot how to fucking release games properly. I blame them. Not us. Them.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

As it was sort of lampshaded on Caltrops, have you noticed how there are always problems in getting launch day or zero day to work on most games, usually because they didn't enough people on hand to set up systems and equipment, or not enough people to be able to respond or handle the crowds, yet for some reason these game companies are always overstaffed and have to cut staffs after the launch of a new game?
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

I take this back. First of all, as Retro pointed out to me, my copy might not even show up that week.

Second of all, FUCK STARCRAFT.

The HOTS beta is either overrun by smurfing masters players, or Koreans, or somehow I just MAGICALLY GOT WORSE THAN EVERYONE and regressed in skill three years all of a sudden. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? In BRONZE, I'm getting multi-pronged hellbat drops on me? No. No. Nope. Nope. Nope. In Bronze, you do not yet know how to make the airplane guy pick up the robot firey guy.

FUCK THAT. FUCK YOU.

FUCK SC2.

WHERE'S VICTORIAN ADMIR-- oh yeah, I uninstalled it because it sucks.

At least it never made me actively depressed.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.