Legacy of the Void

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

Legacy of the Void

Post by RetroRomper »

Official word from Blizzard about the status of Legacy of the Void: http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477- ... zzard-Says

Essentially it sounds as if he doesn't understand where the Protoss stood at the end of BW - defeated, but renewed and different from their initial stance of "glass the planet" as with Char. I... I don't know.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Annoyed that the game sounds 90% complete except for the missions, but they haven't released any information at all?

pinback

Re: Legacy of the Void

Post by pinback »

RetroRomper wrote:Anyone else looking forward to it?
I'll get more excited once it gets closer to release (2016?).
Annoyed that the game sounds 90% complete except for the missions, but they haven't released any information at all?
The CAMPAIGN might be 90% complete (though it doesn't quite sound that high based on Browdie's comments). However, as I'm sure they haven't even STARTED on MP, it's gonna be years.

YEARS!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote:Essentially it sounds as if he doesn't understand where the Protoss stood at the end of BW - defeated, but renewed and different from their initial stance of "glass the planet" as with Char. I... I don't know.
I'm curious. Why would the Protoss want to glass the planet as their initial stance unless they could not use it and it was usable by their enemies as a base? If it's not militarily usable by your enemies that's a big waste of ordnance. Or does the story go into their motivation to do that?

----
"If we find out what countries did this, I say, bomb the sons-a-bitches back into the stone age. Turn them into crater glass and nuclear waste."
- Paul Robinson, September 11, 2001
"I proudly stand by that statement to this day."
- Paul Robinson. September 11, 2011
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: "I proudly stand
Liar.

ashleygull

a

Post by ashleygull »

I have until December to fill out the survey for my Kickstarter Rewards, but there are a few problems:[/b]

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:
Liar.
Fucktard.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:
Liar.
Fucktard.
Man, you are in full-on necro mode today, and not just your eye and your legs this time.

RetroR

Post by RetroR »

Tdarcos wrote: I'm curious. Why would the Protoss want to glass the planet as their initial stance unless they could not use it and it was usable by their enemies as a base? If it's not militarily usable by your enemies that's a big waste of ordnance. Or does the story go into their motivation to do that?
Sorry I missed this! The short answer is that the planet Char was completely overrun by the xenomorph aliens, the Zerg. No strategic value at all and it was essentially patient 0 in a highly populous city (or solar system.)