I MAED A VIDEO

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

I MAED A VIDEO

Post by pinback »

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ben, your well-formed grammar and spelling show explicitly your level of intelligence and education, and you should be willing to proudly stand up and say, "I is a college graduate!"
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Your very mean, you know that?

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Holy shit I want to play this!
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:Holy shit I want to play this!
Well, there's always X3 to pass the time with until Elite comes out:

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:Ben, your well-formed grammar and spelling show explicitly your level of intelligence and education, and you should be willing to proudly stand up and say, "I is a college graduate!"
My SPELLING? You're giving me shit about my SPELLING in a VIDEO? In which NO WORDS ARE SPELLED?

I think the fat has finally started welding around your last dying brain synapses.

Garth's Equipment Shop

RealNC wrote:

Actually this looks even awesomer!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Yeah, okay, you enjoy that then.

Garth's Equipment Shop

After reading more about the X series I decided on starting out with the first and then do the second. I checked system specs and apparently my rig is way beyond the requirements since I upgraded the motherboard and ram a few months ago. Still need to get new power supply to be able to make use of the uber gaming graphics card I've been dying to use. It blew up the last power supply i had even though it was the recommended amperage and everything. Guess I need to take the plunge and invest in a better one this time. Anyway I had old systems to cannibalize for parts so I quickly replaced the shot supply with a temporary one. Its way too weak to support a monster card like the one I have on the shelf though. I have a nice large flat screen monitor now as well. Anyway, according to the system requirements i should be able to run these older games just fine with the on board graphics.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Dont worry Pinback, I'm still looking forward to trying out the latest Elite when it is finished. Can't pass up that ever expanding procedurally generated universe!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:
RealNC wrote:

Actually this looks even awesomer!
Well, trailers can make everything look awesome. I like X3, but I don't think it's better than what Elite will be.

RetroR

Post by RetroR »

Three or four next gen, big production Space Sims are being released after over a decade of general inactivity and you are comparing them against one another?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

RetroR wrote:Three or four next gen, big production Space Sims are being released after over a decade of general inactivity and you are comparing them against one another?
X3 isn't one of them.

Garth's Equipment Shop

What really got me excited when I watched X3 being played was how much it reminded me of my favorite space shows I've watched like Firefly, Farscape, Stargate, Andromeda. I want to go on intersteller space quests and adventures like them involving space exploration, meeting strange new races and creatures and striking up trade or getting in and out of trouble with them, getting involved in skirmishes and wars, all that fun stuff I watched in the shows! The latest betas of the newer games seemed a bit empty by comparison though I know that is because they haven't fleshed them out completely yet, not to mention the multiplayer element which does a lot of the fleshing out by itself. Especially if players can choose their race or species and what not and role play them.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Ben, your well-formed grammar and spelling show explicitly your level of intelligence and education, and you should be willing to proudly stand up and say, "I is a college graduate!"
My SPELLING? You're giving me shit about my SPELLING in a VIDEO? In which NO WORDS ARE SPELLED?

I think the fat has finally started welding around your last dying brain synapses.
I am not referring to the video. I am referring to this post, in which the title was "I made a video" only you spelled "made" worng.

(Yes, that was intentional, as I presume your title wuz).

----
Man: Look, I'll give you an example, let me explain this hypodermically.
- Overheard at a homeless shelter
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Garth's Equipment Shop

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:

I am not referring to the video. I am referring to this post, in which the title was "I made a video" only you spelled "made" worng.

(Yes, that was intentional, as I presume your title wuz).

----
Man: Look, I'll give you an example, let me explain this hypodermically.
- Overheard at a homeless shelter
Are you two lovers or something? That would certainly explain the never ending trivial yet volatile quarrels between you two for years now. :P

Garth's Equipment Shop

In any of these space adventure games, old or new doesnt matter to me, do you get to choose your crew similar to creating a party of adventurers in most RPGs? It occured to me when I was creating my own custom Elite sig like the one Pinback has, that every player is considered a commander. Sure the player is naturally the commander since the player is actually the one controlling his ship but he also needs his crew.

Just like any adventurer party the dynamic between a ship's captain and his most important crew members (and possibly the ship's AI/Avatar) can make any adventure more interesting. The unique element to computer role playing games as opposed to the old pen and paper role playing games is that the player often controls a whole party of adventurers at one time. This makes even more sense to me in a space adventure game since the whole crew/party is bound together most of the time "in the same boat" so to speak.

pinback

Post by pinback »

There is no "party" in Elite, unless you get a group of other actual humans to join you. As it should be.

As it should always be.

Garth's Equipment Shop

If I wanted to be more social I'd be on Facebook every day instead of here (hmm, that didn't come out right). Ok if I wanted to be more social I'd go outside and hang out with neighbors or maybe one of the local watering holes or something. Part of the joy of computer role playing games is being able to not just choose your friends but actually create and control them! MMOs aren't for socializing they are for trolling, robbing and slaying everyone who gets in your way. Certainly not for finding loyal or reliable or trustworthy party members. >:D

pinback

Post by pinback »

Elite is not an RPG.