Freedom

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Freedom

Post by pinback »

Listen to what I say, and you can be free of anxiety, anger, judgement, suffering, and doubt.

But do not misunderstand. Freedom does not mean that these things stop appearing. They will always appear. Anyone who tells you they have a way to make these things stop appearing is selling you a bill of goods, is lying.

Freedom from anxiety means you are no longer imprisoned by anxiety. And the anxiety is no longer imprisoned in you. No longer imprisoned by anger, judgement, suffering, doubt. Anger, judgement, suffering, doubt no longer imprisoned in you.

They can appear and disappear, like a squirrel who sometimes shows up in your backyard, and sometimes doesn't. When he's there, you say hi, and when he's not, no matter. None of it any longer has the power to shake the unbreakable peace that you have found, that you have become.

The Buddha is sitting right here, in the flesh, and at your disposal.

Listen to me and you can be free.

Tdarcos

Re: Freedom

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Listen to what I say, and you can be free of anxiety, anger, judgement, suffering, and doubt.
Well, first, you have eliminated doubt. I have no doubt whatsoever you misspelled "judgment." And thus you have caused me to make a judgment.

Second, we can pretty much dismiss your ability to eliminate anxiety, anger and suffering with one message left earlier here on another forum:

From Forum Dios Casting Tycoon, message "The Eyeglasses of Enlightenment":
pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Now, when you say "wearing them" do you mean "on your head" or specifically "on your eyes"?
I mean shoving them up your ass.
This is the best insult you can do? Lame, lame, lame. You bore me. You are nothing more than a rash on the ass of the universe, awaiting the calamine lotion which will terminate your less-than-worthless existence.
pinback wrote:But do not misunderstand. Freedom does not mean that these things stop appearing. They will always appear. Anyone who tells you they have a way to make these things stop appearing is selling you a bill of goods, is lying.
That's part of the cost of being alive.
pinback wrote:Freedom from anxiety means you are no longer imprisoned by anxiety. And the anxiety is no longer imprisoned in you. No longer imprisoned by anger, judgement, suffering, doubt. Anger, judgement, suffering, doubt no longer imprisoned in you.
When you personally have conquered the anxiety, anger and suffering (sounds like the name of a law firm) the above quoted message from the other forum clearly indicates you have, then get back to us.
pinback wrote:They can appear and disappear, like a squirrel who sometimes shows up in your backyard,
Carrying nuts or being nuts?
pinback wrote:and sometimes doesn't. When he's there, you say hi, and when he's not, no matter. None of it any longer has the power to shake the unbreakable peace that you have found, that you have become.
I am already there. I got there years ago. You, my friend, have a long way to go to reach that point.
pinback wrote:The Buddha is sitting right here, in the flesh, and at your disposal.
We don't have a disposal, the landlord is too cheap to buy one. Can I find one near my trash can instead?
pinback wrote:Listen to me and you can be free.
We shall see.

======
What did the non-vegetarian Buddhist say to the vendor when asked how he wanted his hot dog?
"Make me one with everything."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

How many people think Paul ought to be banned for that goddamn Buddha joke?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

For that joke? No.

For everything else he's posted in the last ten years, yes.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:How many people think Paul ought to be banned for that goddamn Buddha joke?
Oh please. Pinhead over there is posting his pseudo-intellectual new-age Eastern philosophy of bullshit in which he clearly doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what he's talking about, but you want to pick on me for making a joke?

Go engage reflexively in sexual intercourse with the equine you provided for transport.
pinback wrote:For that joke? No.

For everything else he's posted in the last ten years, yes.
You are demonstrably unable to expunge the misery that warps your soul, yet you propose to tell people how they can do that which you are incapable of performing.

This reminds me of the famous comparison, "Saucepan calling the double boiler aluminum cookware."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh my god.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Who here thinks Paul should have his wheelchair repossessed for that cookware joke?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Depends on how much it depreciated since he drove it off the lot.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?