In this thread, we develop a roguelike.

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'll open a ticket.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The Happiness Engine wrote:Just got a corner door. not going to bother to screenshot it, make a throw-away hosting, fight embedding the link here, and then have it age out and die in 3 weeks anyways. Rooms joined in a cornre with a 2 wide but 1 deep overlap, and door inna odd corner of that.
You forgot the C++ development of the graphics editing software to resize the screenshot and creating an interlinking series of tubes so pinback can see it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Introducing: TILEROGUE - A Jolt Country Games Joint

Same kinda deal, just with SPACE-AGE GRAPHICS instead of ASCII (and no cool loading/win screens):
I guess you're saying it's a screensaver, then. All I get is a starfield, no game and nothing there.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

BUG: It's still doing corner doors.

BUG: Player movement sometimes stalls and there can be a huge lag between pressing keys and movement

Suggestions:

Get rid of the message when you walk into a wall, if you try to walk into one you don't move. Beating them over the head about it serves no purpose.

The new game goes on forever, the map is seemingly endless. Might be helpful to have a thumbnail of the full map in order to know where you've been and where you're going.

Should have some indication of how many items are left, this goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and you don't know what else you need to do. That makes it a grind.

Change the color of the floor of a room or corridor you've been to before. This one is so huge you could constantly backtrack and never know. Use a sem-flood, the floor changes up to a corridor or entrance to another room regardless of whether there is a door.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:Introducing: TILEROGUE - A Jolt Country Games Joint

Same kinda deal, just with SPACE-AGE GRAPHICS instead of ASCII (and no cool loading/win screens):
I guess you're saying it's a screensaver, then. All I get is a starfield, no game and nothing there.
Huh?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.