Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now"

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Tdarcos

Re: Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now"

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 am Awesome! I will buy you the Kindle version, and then we can discuss it.

What is the best/easiest way for me to purchase the Kindle version for you?
pinback wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:11 am If you could just go ahead and shoot me over an answer to my question, that'd be wonderful!
Patience, grasshopper, is a virtue you should aspire to achieve. Four hours might be more often than I check this place; you may wish to not keep the Jolt Country App constantly running on your phone.

Off the top of my head I am sure there is a way to give a Kindle book as a gift. If only there was an enormous repository of information one could search to find out how...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

the passive aggressive road is paved with Starburst, Grasshopper.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, well, I guess this thread is over. It's amazing to me how the nicer you are/more you offer him, the worse he treats you. It's a consistent pattern we've all had the misfortune of butting heads with.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 pm I check this place every so often, not continuously.
Yes you do.
I don't sit around with the Jolt Country App on my phone advising me when the next posting comes out.
Yes you do.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:25 pm Just go ahead and shoot that on over to me, whenever you get the chance. Thanks!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:57 am Alright, well, I guess this thread is over. It's amazing to me how the nicer you are/more you offer him, the worse he treats you. It's a consistent pattern we've all had the misfortune of butting heads with.
Jesus, look who's getting defensive! I do not know how to gift someone a Kindle book, I've never done it and I suspect it doesn't tell you how until you do it and checkout.

But you're right, the thread is over, by your choice.

You asked me if you sent me the book, would I read it and discuss it with you? I said I would. But since now you don't want to, fine.

I never wanted to read the thing in in the first place, never asked anyone for it, never asked you for anything. You asked me. In fact, you kept getting anxious when I didn't take you up on your offer fast enough.

Anyway, I was just trying to be nice to you since you would be spending money on purchasing a book so I could read it and share a discussion about what each of us thought about the ideas in the book.

I had the impression you wanted to make friends, grow as a person and learn something. But whatever, if you change your mind, I'll read the book and discuss it with you.

If not, not. It's your loss, not mine.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 am
Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 pm I check this place every so often, not continuously.
Yes you do.
Get Lost and stay there!

If you don't like Lost, I recommend Star Trek:Deep Space Nine.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 am
I don't sit around with the Jolt Country App on my phone advising me when the next posting comes out.
Yes you do.
No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! No I don't! Yes you do! Yes I do. No, You don't. Yes I do. No, You don't. Yes I do. No, You don't. Yes I do. No, You don't, and that's final!

Okay, Jonsey, I'll admit it. No, I don't keep the Jolt Country App running on my phone.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Pinback wrote:
It's amazing how the nicer you are/more you offer him, the worse he treats you
Yeah, why is that? Is it some kind of defensive mechanism to keep all of us away?

THE
SHOWERS DAILY
AARDVARK