Breakfast!

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

What's your TAKE on breakfast!

Usually/always have traditional savory breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc.)
18%
Usually/always have traditional sweet breakfast (cereal, pancakes, yogurt, fruit)
27%
Usually/always have non-traditional breakfast (pizza, leftovers, other)
No votes
Rarely have breakfast, usually go savory.
27%
Rarely have breakfast, usually go sweet.
No votes
Rarely have breakfast, just eat whatever's around at the time.
No votes
Almost never/never have breakfast.
9%
I eat traditional breakfast food at non-traditional times (omelets for dinner, anyone?!)
No votes
My choice is not listed, so I will comment on it in the thread.
18%

Total votes: 11

pinback

Breakfast!

Post by pinback »

"What's the deal with breakfast?!" - Seinfeld
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

uruzrune

Re: Breakfast!

Post by uruzrune »

My go-to lately, when I can be arsed to cook, is sliced lop xuong sausage and green onion in scrambled egg in a soft tortilla. Condiments include sriracha and/or hot chili oil.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

When my shift is over I will talk about the delights of breakfast at length.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

2 days a week I have a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl.
2 days a week I have a traditional breakfast (eggs, meat, toast)
1 day a week I have McDonalds (either a Sausage McMuffin w/egg, or a sausage breakfast burrito)
Sometimes I have cereal
Sometimes I have oatmeal, usually with an egg on top
On Saturdays I go out for breakfast and have more calories than I should
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 pm Sometimes I have oatmeal, usually with an egg on top
Oh, gross! I hadn't heard of that. Is that a thing?

Is it gross??!!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Savory oatmeal has ALWAYS been a thing, it's called porridge in English and it is fine.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Couple of times a week I'll have bacon and eggs. Two days of the week it's Grape Nuts. In between I go down to the highway off exit and have breakfast by getting into a fistfight.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:12 pm
Flack wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 pm Sometimes I have oatmeal, usually with an egg on top
Oh, gross! I hadn't heard of that. Is that a thing?

Is it gross??!!
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food ... g-51200610

I just saw something in that recipe about "30 to 45 minutes." I fry an egg sunny side up and toss it on top of a bowl of instant oatmeal. 30 to 45 seconds is closer.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

When has throwing an egg on anything ever been gross?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:34 am "What's the deal with breakfast?!" - Seinfeld
Okay, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, the longest period of time we have not eaten. What do we say a person is doing when they're going to stop eating for a while? They fast. So, if you say had dinner at 6 or 7 and don't eat again until 7 or 8 (or later) the next morning, you've stopped eating, you fast for 12 hours or more. So, then you "break" your fasting for the first meal of the day, and the ritual is literally called "breakfast."

Your body has had to live off of whatever stored energy it had, what it can get by consuming itself, if necessary, breaking down fats - or in worst cases, muscle - to get energy. Which means that without the burst of energy from food after a long period of fasting, you're going to be sluggish both mentally and physically.

Lots of studies show kids who don't eat breakfast perform poorly in school. For some poor families the school-provided hot lunch might be the only meal the child gets all day until dinner. I believe that is the reason moat elementary schools still offer free breakfast to students. They had it at my school when I was there circa 1970-72. I didn't eat there very often because we did have food at home, and school breakfast was served around 7 or 7:30 (since classes started at 8 or 9), and I wasn't much of a fan of getting up at, say, 5:30 or 6 to get ready and go to school.

I'm sure people who skip breakfast do worse at their work, and I think the research shows people who skip breakfast eat more (because of "grazing").

So yeah, that's the deal about breakfast.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hey! Doctor Oz is here

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pm Couple of times a week I'll have bacon and eggs. Two days of the week it's Grape Nuts. In between I go down to the highway off exit and have breakfast by getting into a fistfight.
Jonsey, "the first rule about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club. The second rule about Fight Club is that you do not talk about Fight Club!"
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm When has throwing an egg on anything ever been gross?
Have you noticed one of the ways to ridicule protesters and people someone doesn't like is to throw eggs at them?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:00 am
Billy Mays wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm When has throwing an egg on anything ever been gross?
Have you noticed one of the ways to ridicule protesters and people someone doesn't like is to throw eggs at them?
Have you noticed we are talking about breakfast?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:58 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pm Couple of times a week I'll have bacon and eggs. Two days of the week it's Grape Nuts. In between I go down to the highway off exit and have breakfast by getting into a fistfight.
Jonsey, "the first rule about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club. The second rule about Fight Club is that you do not talk about Fight Club!"
I want you in my corner when I go down to the off exit and talk a lot of shit and then realize that the people hanging out down there are just waiting to pummel someone like myself - someone who didn't comprehend the severe nature of the beating and someone who has not had a healthy and filling proper breakfast.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Unless you work in construction, there is no reason whatsoever to eat breakfast.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Yes there is, cause it tastes good.

On Saturdays that I'm not working the wife and I sometimes go to the public market and I get a big 'ol cuppa coffe from the fat coffee lady and motherfucking donut from the Buffalo bakery outlet.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:38 amwhen I go down to the off exit and talk a lot of shit and then realize that the people hanging out down there are just waiting to pummel someone like myself
People at the off exit are not looking to get into a fight. Male or female, they are looking to exchange sex acts for money to buy heroine. Now I'm not telling you what you should do if you ever find yourself in that sort of predicament, but keep in mind that plan b for them is always going to be to slash your face.

uruzrune

Post by uruzrune »

RealNC wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:02 am Unless you work in construction, there is no reason whatsoever to eat breakfast.
We're not in medieval times any more. People eat whatever the fuck they want.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Today was Wheaties. It's going to be a good day!