SUPER BOWL!

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

SUPER BOWL!

We'll be watching and rooting for the Bucs.
11%
We'll be watching and rooting for the Chiefs.
11%
We'll be watching but don't care much who wins.
22%
It'll be on in the background, but we'll be doing other stuff.
11%
We will not be watching, because we don't care about the teams.
No votes
We will not be watching, because we don't care about football.
44%
We just watch for the commercials. (*)
No votes

Total votes: 9

pinback

SUPER BOWL!

Post by pinback »

SUPER BOWL!

(*) Shut the fuck up.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: SUPER BOWL!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If you'd like to see the worst nerds talk about it, go here - https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=26043507

I have never seen a day where people I respect are more willing to express their fartface opinion about something than SB day. (For the record, I used to love football, then after seeing how rigged it is against the team I follow I loathe the NFL specifically and just really follow my team.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

We have a call on line 7 from every NFL fan ever? Go ahead sir, you're on the air.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:59 am seeing how rigged it is against the team I follow
Turn your radio down, sir.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Every year I make an offering of nachos and guacamole, and every year that Superb Owl never comes.

Some day I WILL see that fucking Owl.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm We have a call on line 7 from every NFL fan ever? Go ahead sir, you're on the air.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:59 am seeing how rigged it is against the team I follow

ITS
RIGGED

pinback

Post by pinback »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm Every year I make an offering of nachos and guacamole, and every year that Superb Owl never comes.

Some day I WILL see that fucking Owl.

That's so lame, dude. That's so lame. Finsternis thinks that's high comedy, as he did in 1996.

I have to fix this place, or I can't stay here anymore. Don't make a "Cow Orker" joke before I have a chance to fix the place.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:23 pm
pinback wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm We have a call on line 7 from every NFL fan ever? Go ahead sir, you're on the air.

ITS
RIGGED
You had a point about halfway through the second quarter, some of those calls were /tugs collar nghghgg.

But no. I'm going to fix this place, and this is on my list.

(It's pretty low down on the list, but it's on there.)

Flack

Post by Flack »

I think the statistic I heard toward the end of the game summed it up. Brady has the best winning record in any of the four major sports, and Tampa Bay has the worst record in any of the four sports. There are athletes that men can't stop but time eventually will, and every year someone lines up to try and take the crown from one of the greats. I love, love, love when things go against the established narrative. All I've been hearing all week is how Mahomes is this generation's best and how he was coming for the crown. The first time Brady hooked up with Gronk I couldn't help but to smile -- not because I'm a fan of either of those guys, or Tampa Bay, but because the old men were holding off the young bucks one more (last?) time.

Overall I thought the commercials were pretty terrible, which is a pretty Comic Book Guy thing to say at this point. It doesn't help to use celebrity cameos if I don't recognize them. (A bald and bearded John Travolta?) And for all the stink Budweiser made before the Super Bowl saying they weren't going to have any commercials, I saw at least two Budweiser commercials. There were lots of commercials that I didn't know what the product being sold was.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:23 pm

ITS
RIGGED
You had a point about halfway through the second quarter, some of those calls were /tugs collar nghghgg.

But no. I'm going to fix this place, and this is on my list.

(It's pretty low down on the list, but it's on there.)
I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I don't care about any team other than the Saints.

I don't think the outcomes of the game are pre-determined, but it is obvious to me that if a flag can be thrown that extends a game rather than allows one to seal shut, the game officials will throw that flag. I don't think this is up for debate.

I think the league was rigged against the Saints when they suspended our coach for a year for a "bounty" program that most other teams had.

I think stealing a draft pick for the Saints breaking "COVID protocols" is a little weak when other teams haven't had picks taken and they did the same thing. Oh well. I will admit the leadership from this comes from the top and you'd never see the guy in charge of the league hand over the SB trophy without a mask and --

Oh.

Like I said: RIGGED AS FUCK. (That may not have specifically been what I said before.)

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Rigged? With all those penalties called in the first half that were mostly bullshit? Noooo... (heh-heh)

But yeah if anything it was humorous. One of my highlights was early in the game the ball was thrown to a Chief and that shit hit the receiver in the head so hard that it looked like he got whiplash. Me and my buddy fucking died laughing. LoL. Honestly, I wanted to see Brady lose but whatever. Not as if they were playing the Panthers.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I don't care about any team other than the Saints.
The poll option "We will not be watching, because we don't care about the teams." received zero votes.

Can you explain this discrepancy?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Of the commercials I saw, 90% of them were "healing the country" horseshit with strings and pianos in the back. Those were all terrible.

Drake from State Farm was the only one I got a chuckle out of.

I was in a Ralph's (grocery store chain in SoCal) parking lot in Westlake Village, CA in 2000, picking up my lunch (an apple and a small container of tuna salad), listening to sports talk when they announced that Drew Bledsoe was going to be out due to an injury, so the backup QB would be playing the next few weeks.

I mean, refs, rigging, cheating, whatever. Dude is not bad for a backup QB.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:06 am I was in a Ralph's (grocery store chain in SoCal) parking lot in Westlake Village, CA in 2000, picking up my lunch (an apple and a small container of tuna salad), listening to sports talk when they announced that Drew Bledsoe was going to be out due to an injury, so the backup QB would be playing the next few weeks. I mean, refs, rigging, cheating, whatever. Dude is not bad for a backup QB.
Whoa! I hope that none of this implies that I think any of it was rigged for the Bucs, Brady or anything else. There is obviously something about Brady, Gretzky, Jordan and so forth that is a once in a generation, if not once in a sport in a generation thing and that's fine.

(I remember writing on Walrustitty's BBS that Brady was taking over and I said he was going to suck. That was 2001. Man. Who knew.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:35 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I don't care about any team other than the Saints.
The poll option "We will not be watching, because we don't care about the teams." received zero votes.

Can you explain this discrepancy?
I was trying to drive to Florida in time to get Goodell a mask.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:06 am Of the commercials I saw, 90% of them were "healing the country" horseshit with strings and pianos in the back. Those were all terrible.

Drake from State Farm was the only one I got a chuckle out of.
Refreshing to see someone else breaking down the popular message in the same fashion.

The only Drake I only really know from the Nickelodeon channel because my nephew really liked Drake And Josh oh wait not the same Drake.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am Whoa! I hope that none of this implies that I think any of it was rigged for the Bucs, Brady or anything else. There is obviously something about Brady, Gretzky, Jordan and so forth that is a once in a generation, if not once in a sport in a generation thing and that's fine.
..and how the hell is Magic Johnson still fine?! Caught it early, right. Still not buying that story any more than that video of we saw of the LM going back up in the 1960s didn't look like a prop on a line.

(JK about Magic Johnson)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:08 pm There were lots of commercials that I didn't know what the product being sold was.
And I suspect the advertisers themselves don't, either.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:16 am Still not buying that story any more than that video of we saw of the LM going back up in the 1960s didn't look like a prop on a line.
I don't follow football and didn't watch the Super Bowl, so I'm curious, who or what is an LM?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:33 am
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:16 am Still not buying that story any more than that video of we saw of the LM going back up in the 1960s didn't look like a prop on a line.
I don't follow football and didn't watch the Super Bowl, so I'm curious, who or what is an LM?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻