Won't try it, OTHER?? (Explain below!)
13%
It's just a dumb fad.
No votes

Total votes: 8

pinback

Re: [POLL] Sushi!

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:31 am I don't get it. I give him an answer - " Because this place is not going to provide it to me."
What is "this place"? Where you live? WOULD you try it if they served it? Would you like to try sushi, Paul? We can make that happen!

(If your answer is yes, then your poll answer should have been "haven't tried it, but would like to.")
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:31 am I don't get it. I give him an answer - " Because this place is not going to provide it to me." - then he complains that he demands an answer. Okay, if he's done doing polls, I will start. I said he was a whiny Karen, so now he's storming off in a huff.
Isn't pinback your oldest, dearest and best friend though?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

(spits out water)

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:31 am I don't get it. I give him an answer - " Because this place is not going to provide it to me."
What is "this place"? Where you live?
Since I literally said in the same message that I am dependent upon this place for my very existence, my answer is, "Well, duh!" I would think it was unequivocably obvious.
pinback wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am WOULD you try it if they served it?
Ain't. Gonna. Happen. As one of our meals last week was one tuna fish sandwich for dinner with a bowl of soup, they are not going to serve expensive sushi.
pinback wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am Would you like to try sushi, Paul? We can make that happen!
Interesting idea. Would you like to explain how?

The Board of Health has prohibited visitors here to protect residents, so deliveries can't be to my room. Home-prepared food is not allowed here, meaning only commercial products can be brought in. That means you would have to find a place here in Arlington, Alexandria, or nearby in Fairfax County that delivers sushi, then be sure they cam pack it so it remains fresh for what will probably be hours or the better part of a day between when it's delivered and when someone can bring it up to my room.
pinback wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am (If your answer is yes, then your poll answer should have been "haven't tried it, but would like to.")
I'll stand by my answer. I don't even know what is involved in sushi, for all I know it's somethinh horrible like raw octopus, snails, or Brussels sprouts. And who is going to go to the trouble and expense to send me sushi, that I might find detestible? "You, Lt. Weinberg?"

As I said, ain't gonna happen.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:48 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:31 am I don't get it. I give him an answer - " Because this place is not going to provide it to me." - then he complains that he demands an answer. Okay, if he's done doing polls, I will start. I said he was a whiny Karen, so now he's storming off in a huff.
Isn't pinback your oldest, dearest and best friend though?
Yes, but when he acts like a whiny Karen demanding to see my manager, I'm going to call him out on it.

When he asks a question, I answer it, then he whines that I didn't answer it where my very response is quoted by him, I'm going to call him out on being an annoying person.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am WOULD you try it if they served it?
Ain't. Gonna. Happen.
But WOULD you try it?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.