Won't try it, OTHER?? (Explain below!)
13%
It's just a dumb fad.
No votes

Total votes: 8

pinback

[POLL] Sushi!

Post by pinback »

Okay, let's try it again with something similar but a little more common.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Re: [POLL] Sushi!

Post by AArdvark »

If they make it out of cow I would try it

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:02 pm If they make it out of cow I would try it
What do you think Hamburger is? Sushi is chopped fish; hamburger is chopped (or ground) beef.

By the way, I had to select "other" because the option "never tried it, won't try it" wasn't included; only "never tried it, would like to."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

The option you picked requires you explain WHY you won't try it, Paul.

Flack

Post by Flack »

On the other side of town, tucked in the back corner of a dark strip mall, is a small sushi shop with so little signage that you almost have to know where it is just to find it. A friend of mine (who is Asian) whispered its location to me the way teenage girls tell ghost stories at a slumber party. The inside of the restaurant is as dim as the outside, and by the time your eyes adjust you realize that nothing's written in English so it really doesn't make a difference. The old man behind the counter doesn't speak a lick of English. His wife, the hostess, speaks enough to get your seated. Sometimes their daughters are there; when they are, they're there to wait tables, not make small talk. If you mix your wasabi with your soy sauce, or can't eat rice with chopsticks, it's not the place for you. I'm pretty sure I've heard them refer to me as "Godzilla" before.

On my first visit I ordered a volcano roll and the chef's special roll, where he makes whatever he feels like making. Their volcano roll is unlike anything I've ever had at any other restaurant. I have no idea what the second roll was, but it was delicious. The second time I went, his wife handed me a menu and I handed it back. "Sapporo, volcano roll, chef's choice," I said. By my third visit, she got it. I never know what the second roll is going to be, and half the time I don't even know what it was after I've eaten it, but goddamn is it good.

Every time I get in my car when leaving that place I choke up a bit, knowing that the chef is older than I am and that someday I will have to live in a world where I can no longer order sushi there.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I love sushi and I wish I was eating it right now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:37 pm The option you picked requires you explain WHY you won't try it, Paul.
I could say it doesn't but I'll let it go for now. Because this place is not going to provide it to me. Don't forget, I am totally dependent upon this place for my very existence.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:18 pm Every time I get in my car when leaving that place I choke up a bit, knowing that the chef is older than I am and that someday I will have to live in a world where I can no longer order sushi there.
A little optimistic there, wouldn't you say?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:17 am
pinback wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:37 pm The option you picked requires you explain WHY you won't try it, Paul.
I could say it doesn't but I'll let it go for now. Because this place is not going to provide it to me. Don't forget, I am totally dependent upon this place for my very existence.
"Explain below!" is literally in the choice. It has an EXCLAMATION MARK. It DEMANDS it, Paul.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:52 am
Flack wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:18 pm Every time I get in my car when leaving that place I choke up a bit, knowing that the chef is older than I am and that someday I will have to live in a world where I can no longer order sushi there.
A little optimistic there, wouldn't you say?
Everyone here including me is rooting for him.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Now I want hamburger sushi...

pinback

Post by pinback »

I am creating no more polls until Paul tells us why he won't try sushi, and the answer can't be "because I got no arms and legs and am stuck in a bed the rest of my life."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

He says that about everything

Flack

Post by Flack »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:02 pm If they make it out of cow I would try it
Well, you're in luck. We have a local chain here called Nhinja Sushi that's kind of like fast food sushi, if fast food places also served beer. They have some great rolls, but my daughter's favorite is the Rock Star, which comes with grilled steak instead of fish. Next time you're in town, I'm buying!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:52 am
Tdarcos wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:17 am
"Explain below!" is literally in the choice. It has an EXCLAMATION MARK. It DEMANDS it, Paul.
How about I DEMAND that you go fuck yourself. I'm sick and tired of being polite to someone being the male equivalent of a stereotypical Karen. And don't bother demanding to speak to my Manager, I am my own manager.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, but let it be noted here, Paul was the one who KILLED THE POLL BASE.

Thanks for participating all these months, everyone! I guess we're done here.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Man, and I was gonna suggest a poll survey here...Balls!

THE
EXIT POLL
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 am Alright, but let it be noted here, Paul was the one who KILLED THE POLL BASE.

Thanks for participating all these months, everyone! I guess we're done here.
Can we have a poll about who killed it?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Christ the one thing I had to look forward to
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I don't get it. I give him an answer - " Because this place is not going to provide it to me." - then he complains that he demands an answer. Okay, if he's done doing polls, I will start. I said he was a whiny Karen, so now he's storming off in a huff.