[POLL] Of these, which is MOST IMPORTANT to you?

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Of these, which is MOST IMPORTANT to you?

Money
8%
Sex
8%
Food
No votes
Hobby (explain below!)
17%
My health
8%
My family's well-being
33%
My religion/spirituality
8%
My job
No votes
The Jolt Country BBS
No votes
Sleep
8%
Being right
8%
OTHER?! (Explain below!)
No votes

Total votes: 12

pinback

[POLL] Of these, which is MOST IMPORTANT to you?

Post by pinback »

What is it that keeps you going every day? WHAT IS IT?!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: [POLL] Of these, which is MOST IMPORTANT to you?

Post by pinback »

See, someone picked "Hobby (explain below)" but did not explain below.

If you people can't abide by the rules, I'm just gonna have Paul do these from now on.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Answer me these questions three
Ere the other side he sees!

What....is your favorite letter

What....is your favorite number

What....is CFR2902 of the Maryland penal code!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:19 pm See, someone picked "Hobby (explain below)" but did not explain below.

If you people can't abide by the rules, I'm just gonna have Paul do these from now on.
Sorry bro. Got sucked into work. That was me. Fixing arcade machines and playing them, computers, surfing, skateboarding, guitar, and even fishing. I put quite a bit of money into the first 2.. and really only viewed work as a way to pay for my hobbies and bills.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

very hard to pick just one, i enjoy a bunch of those things. but of them, money is the least important.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Flack

Post by Flack »

It would be interesting to see the same poll and see which is the least important to everyone.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Also ICJ you left out pets unless you count them as family which I guess I do.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

ICJ also left out friends/social life as well as lots of other things like power/control, fame, respect, etc. So I guess if we use his list, which is far from complete, I would rank them:

1) My family's/pets well being
2) My health
3) Food/water
4) Sleep
5) Friends
6) Sex
7) Hobbies (games, books, movies, music, etc)
14) Respect
24) My job
82) Money
732) Fame
937) Power/control

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

And of course there should be a negative end to the scale in which you have things you actively do not want.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

odyssia76 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:10 pm And of course there should be a negative end to the scale in which you have things you actively do not want.
No disrespect here lady, but I am finding it hard to believe that money and respect are so far down on your list if you are female lol. If that is indeed the case then wow; you got a boyfriend?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:00 am What is it that keeps you going every day? WHAT IS IT?!
Being able to use a computer. This place is okay, but YouTube videos - especially the reading of Reddit Stories - are very entertaining, Also doing programming, or solving problems.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:19 pm See, someone picked "Hobby (explain below)" but did not explain below.

Surely, you can't be serious?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

odyssia76 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:10 pm ICJ also left out friends/social life as well as lots of other things like power/control, fame, respect, etc. So I guess if we use his list, which is far from complete, I would rank them:

1) My family's/pets well being
2) My health
3) Food/water
4) Sleep
5) Friends
6) Sex
7) Hobbies (games, books, movies, music, etc)
14) Respect
24) My job
82) Money
732) Fame
937) Power/control
The tough thing about ordering this list is that so many of the items relate to other items. Like, my job is important because it makes me money, and money is important because it allows me to provide well being (including food/water) to my family.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm Answer me these questions three
Ere the other side he sees!
Yea, verily, thou doth writeth in Ye Olde Middle English, and forsooth, yon quote lacketh adequait contexteth to establishe truee meaningh.
AArdvark wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm What....is your favorite letter
What? I don't know of any letter called 'what.' Is 'what' a consonant or a vowel? You also didn't use a question mark, therefore it was a statement, not a question.
AArdvark wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm What....is your favorite number
SAY 'WHAT' AGAIN, MOTHERFUCKER! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!
AArdvark wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm What....is CFR2902 of the Maryland penal code!
Again, you expose your ignorance. "CFR" refers to the "Code of Federal Regulations," which are issued by the Federal Government and have nothing to do with the states. Beyond that, regulations are never part of a penal code, as a penal code is a set of statutes enacted by a legislature, while regulations are rules created by the executive branch on how to enforce the statutes. So CFR2902 in that context makes no sense. Besides, sections of the penal code would just be a number, e.g. Section 182 of the California Penal Code defines murder.

Also, as this link shows, it's called the "criminal law" in Maryland, not the "penal code." And its criminal law only has 14 chapters, thus the highest numbered criminal statute is 14-01, not 2902 or 29-02.

Now, if you're referring to Maryland regulations, they do have the "Code of Maryland Regulations" or COMAR. But that's a different matter.

But I'm in Virginia now, I'm not sure why you're bringing up Maryland. In Virginia, the Criminal Code is Title 18.2 of The Code of Virginia 1950. Starting with Chapter 1, §18.2-1, through Chapter 13, § 18.2-517.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 am Again, you expose your ignorance.
Says the guy who didn't get the Holy Grail reference.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I suppose eventually I'll get used to his passive aggressive responses. I said that years ago too.

It makes all the other stuff that much more amusing to me.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:54 pm No disrespect here lady, but I am finding it hard to believe that money and respect are so far down on your list if you are female lol.
I'm not like other girls <bats eyelashes>
Jizaboz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:54 pm If that is indeed the case then wow; you got a boyfriend?
Today you mean? LOL. lets just say I do not confine myself to only using the usual boring norms of predefined social relationship rules. Flexibility is important in more than one way heh.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 am Being able to use a computer. This place is okay, but YouTube videos - especially the reading of Reddit Stories - are very entertaining, Also doing programming, or solving problems.
That is a very good point but i consider it being under 'hobbies'. Or pastimes. Whatevah, i do what i want!

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 am Again, you expose your ignorance. "CFR" refers to the "Code of Federal Regulations," which are issued by the Federal Government and have nothing to do with the states. Beyond that, regulations are never part of a penal code, as a penal code is a set of statutes enacted by a legislature, while regulations are rules created by the executive branch on how to enforce the statutes. So CFR2902 in that context makes no sense. Besides, sections of the penal code would just be a number, e.g. Section 182 of the California Penal Code defines murder.
To continue the joke... "oooh! check out the big brain on Tdarcos!" bahaha

Flack

Post by Flack »

odyssia76 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 am Again, you expose your ignorance. "CFR" refers to the "Code of Federal Regulations," which are issued by the Federal Government and have nothing to do with the states. Beyond that, regulations are never part of a penal code, as a penal code is a set of statutes enacted by a legislature, while regulations are rules created by the executive branch on how to enforce the statutes. So CFR2902 in that context makes no sense. Besides, sections of the penal code would just be a number, e.g. Section 182 of the California Penal Code defines murder.
To continue the joke... "oooh! check out the big brain on Tdarcos!" bahaha
There is a 0% chance he will get that reference and a 93% chance he will cut and paste something from Wikipedia about brain sizes.

There is also a 0% chance he will take a step to the left, but a fairly good chance he might roll out of bed to the right.