Don Geronimo news

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Re: Don Geronimo news

Post by pinback »

Turning the sound down is your whole bit! What happened to that?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

That is for videos

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:31 pm I asked if he was still funny. Maybe the format has changed since I last listened, apparently not. I can always find room for a new podcast if the format fits my worldview. I make the choice to what goes in my ears, not some program director. I'm the god of my ears and brain Im the god!

Doesn't anyone else care about the content they are being forced to consume? Random blathering flowing into everyone's brain four times an hour is atrocious.
It is my hope that you were able to laugh at the character based humor that pinback mentioned involving the sound. That is all I ever wanted for this place.

THAT SAID

I agree with you, Varkus, unless the host is a great draw. I gave up on the radio out here because when people were driving at the same time - so morning, lunch, 5:00PM, they would do 8 solid minutes of commercials and then you come back and for what? The lunchtime show on the biggest sports channel out here is staffed by absolute cretins and I don't say that lightly. Yes I do. Yes I do but I also say it here. Half the time it's like listening to cavemen that are learning English on the fly. One of the quarterbacks that got drafted early this year let it out that he suffered from seizures occasionally. The same station that thinks I am going to sit there in glorious anticipation after 8 minutes of commercials had me listen to some knob meander and ramble on this topic. He knew that if he said "oh, he'll get drafted lower because of seizures" that he'd spark outrage (regardless if it were true or not) so he sort of danced around that. He didn't know anything about seizures so he couldn't talk with any knowledge or faux authority on them so he danced around that. He came out of his verbal labyrinth essentially repeating the headline. A kid had a seizure once.

And then, yes the ads.

Nobody expects anyone to sit around for that but pinner has good taste in things and he's saying, hey, Don Geronimo might be worth the ads.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I appreciate the humor in Pinner's post, dont get me wrong. I just take my audio input seriously, probably because I'm going deaf with teh tinnitus and I can't stand commercials in general

THE
EARACHE MY
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm I appreciate the humor in Pinner's post, dont get me wrong. I just take my audio input seriously, probably because I'm going deaf with teh tinnitus and I can't stand commercials in general

THE
EARACHE MY
AARDVARK
People who sleep with loud ass fans UNITE.

Also, I'm mad at a lot of shit these days but ads still remain the numbah juan stunahhhh
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻