Team Metamucil!

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Which best describes your Metamucil usage?

Every day!
10%
Regularly (hehe)
No votes
Occasionally
No votes
Rarely
10%
Never
60%
What is Metamucil?
20%

Total votes: 10

odyssia76

Re: Team Metamucil!

Post by odyssia76 »

Oh, and by the way, I agree that anyone who doesn't get much fiber in their diet should take psyllium husk. It can be very helpful to make pooing fun again. Or you can eat some nice fresh fruit, 100% whole wheat bread, etc.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

odyssia76 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:06 am
pinback wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 pm You... you went a little Tdarcos there, Odyssia. No harm no foul, happens to the best of us from time to time.
I thought asking for a coupon code was a serious question. Guess I misread the sarcasm on that one. Some people do overpay for pretty labels, and it bugs me. Not sure why, but it does.
Ma'am, you did nothing wrong. You were explaining, when you said, 'Go to Amazon and search for "psyllium husk." in order to tell people' exactly how to get the generic for metamucil.

It's no different from telling people to ask for acetominophen instead of Tylenol, or ibuprophen instead of Motrin or Advil. When I used to roll to a drug store for relief from diarrhea, I'd get the store brand of licorice-flavoired loperamide, which tastes the same as Immodium, because it is the same chemical.

Sometimes, it is exactly the same. My old boss in California told me about her husband's work as a truck driver for the Knoger grocery chain back east. He'd stop at the Borden plant to pick up a tractor full of vanilla ice cream to take to Kroger's warehouse. But not for what you'd think he's picking up.

He got to watch, not sure if it was once or several times. Borden ran a regular shift, say 9-6, so around 3PM, the whistle would blow, they'd stop the line and clear the already made cartons of ice cream. Someone would go back to the packaging machine, remove the empty boxes which read "Borden's vanilla ice cream," replace them with empty boxes which read, "Kroger vanilla ice cream," and start the line up again, and for the next two hours they'd produce enough 1/2 gallen boxes of Kroger vanilla ice cream to fill a tractor-trailer, maybe even a double tractor. Then, at 5:00, they stop the line, clear it of all product already made, pull the Kroger empties, and put back the Borden empties. Once all the ice cream was in the truck, he'd drive it back to the Kroger warehouse.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'd like to get back on topic, please.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

So wait , you do have codes?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'll text you the codes.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I should also add that I have found it to be an effective appetite suppressant in addition to its other... benefits.

You'll be losing weight in two different ways!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Man, between smoking that nicotine gum and drinking that colon-blow you're gonna disappear by New Year's.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:39 pm Man, between smoking that nicotine gum and drinking that colon-blow you're gonna disappear by New Year's.
I'm off the gum and bloating up again, but man, I'm makin' MAGIC in the ol' water closet.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I got the codes. I'm in.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So that psylo-illin' husk varna stuff evacuates the food before it becomes added pounds? Huh.

I'll stick to garbage plates.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I feel that there's an audio element to this Metamucil that we, as concerned peers, should be privvy (HAH!) to. Can you link a soumd effect that best describes the experience?

pinback

Post by pinback »

There is a sound effect Steven Spielberg used in the movie Duel when the truck goes over the cliff. It is taken from the 1957 dinosaur movie "The Land Unknown". He famously re-used the sound effect in Jaws as the shark sinks to the bottom.

The sound would be that sound, both because I feel the same sense of relief that the viewers feel when the sound is played in these movies, and also because that is the sound I make when I'm in there.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ice Cream Jonsey

I started it. I'm in.

So the ideas is, I eat nothing and gain 8 pounds in two days right?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I weighed myself tonight. Doing so before going to bed.

I have gained 10 actual pounds in three days thanks to this garbage. It feels like I have gained 25, I feel it hanging off my arms and stuff. And this is with it killing my appetite! So I know that I am at about 1400 real calories a day. No thanks. I did this once before and the exact same thing happened only the weight did not go away, so I am looking forward to having to bust my ass to get back to where I was before this which wasn't great.

Throwing the rest in the trash. I could not have bought something worse for me if it was a barrel of lard. I am genuinely furious. This is probably the angriest I have been at a decision I have made in 10 years.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Annnnnnnnnnnd my blood pressure is 20 points higher than normal. Who the fuck is letting this poison be sold in stores?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I feel like there's something else going on here.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It's possible some bloating may occur.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I did not throw it out. I'm going to get back to a baseline and start out with half a teaspoon a day for a week. Then gradually increase. I was up to four teaspoons a day. Well, I started there. They added orange flavor to the powder, it was and is delicious.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Didn't you spend half the day in the bathroom? Four tablesphoooons spunds extremely much