DRS, 4/24/13

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

DRS, 4/24/13

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Having listened to it twice, that was our best show.

That was our best show.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Absolutely correct sir.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Hearing someone sing "suck my d" to the Skyrim theme made my day.

Thank you, sir. I'll never be able to look at the Dragonborn the same way again.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's funny how having Paul call in was a sort of catalyst. The laws about bridges over navigable waterways would make for a great way to increase high scores.

One other question I have about the show then I'll hang up. If LT (or whomever) is going to play commercials during your breaks, wouldn't he simply stop the playback of your show, play the commercials and then resume your show?

If that is the case (which is why I'm asking) you'd only need to start the break music bed, tell everyone that you'll be right back then fade out the music. You could wait a second then fade in the music again and announce that you're back.

Now, having thought about it, how does the computer playing hippie folk tunes all night know where to place the commercials?

THE
NUTS AND BOLTS
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote:Now, having thought about it, how does the computer playing hippie folk tunes all night know where to place the commercials?
The same way it did back in the 1970s when commercials were on 8-track tape and the machine autoloaded and unloaded them; they're stored, like the music, as MP3 files on the computer. The computer runs the selected MP3 files until the clock reaches the appropriate time, the commercial(s) scheduled are played, then the next batch of songs are queued up. You could do it with a program to create playlists and exec a music program, plus a music player program like VLC or Winamp.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:One other question I have about the show then I'll hang up. If LT (or whomever) is going to play commercials during your breaks, wouldn't he simply stop the playback of your show, play the commercials and then resume your show?
Because then I wouldn't know where I'm actually at in the hour, and wouldn't know when the next break/end of the show was.
Now, having thought about it, how does the computer playing hippie folk tunes all night know where to place the commercials?
1. The ads are also in the box the songs are.
2. Computers can tell time.