Status.

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Funny, I just happen to have this show open laying around.. Perhaps I can modify it

Free MP3 download: show open.mp3

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote:It should take, at most, 45 minutes to be ready to do a show, and personally I could do one in 5.
Says the guy that won't upload another cooking video.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I would still listen to this.

pinback

Post by pinback »

1. New website! http://donrogersshow.com

2. Tapes currently playing NONSTOP on the LIVE STREAM at http://donrogersshow.com/listen !!!

3. That's about it!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:It should take, at most, 45 minutes to be ready to do a show, and personally I could do one in 5.
Says the guy that won't upload another cooking video.
There's a hell of a lot more difference between hitting record on Audacity, then saving at the end and uploading an unedited MP3, and editing a video where it's necessary to cut and tighten the video. Typical post-processing takes 1 to 2 hours per minute of finished video.

Besides, I object to being called Aspergic, or havng autism, such as occurs over at Claptraps, and then rewarding my tormenters with work product I agonized over.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

1-2 hours per minute of finished video? Do you print out each frame individually and ship the papers off to a cartoon sweat shop in Korea to have the cells hand painted?

On Sprite Castle I combine two separate video streams and two separate audio streams, mix them down, add intro and outro segments and can still crank out a 30 minute show (including recording and rendering) in 60 minutes.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:1-2 hours per minute of finished video?
I film more than I need. That means I take the best pieces and cut them to try and make them "tighter" and reduce redundant material.
Do you print out each frame individually and ship the papers off to a cartoon sweat shop in Korea to have the cells hand painted?
And where would I get the money to do this? (I can make just as silly a remark in response as you did in the first place.)

If I have a scene where I put something in the microwave - or a frying pan - for a minute or two or three, I'll cut that down to ten seconds, the 5 when I start and the last five. Maybe less. Cutting and splicing takes time. It was just as time consuming - maybe more - when you used real film, a razor blade and splice tape.
On Sprite Castle I combine two separate video streams and two separate audio streams, mix them down, add intro and outro segments and can still crank out a 30 minute show (including recording and rendering) in 60 minutes.
You have better tools and more money to spend on it. I don't; I have to use the tools available for free (like Microsoft Movie Editor, which comes with Windows), because I don't have $200-400 to spend on video editing tools like Sony Vegas or other things. Open source video editing tools are not there yet, I haven't found any that aren't command-line splicing tools. Non-linear video editing tools do not exist in the Open Source world.

I'm financing these videos out of my own pocket, and when you're on a Social Security Disability pension that isn't a lot of money.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:STATUS:

1. New website! http://donrogersshow.com

2. Tapes currently playing NONSTOP on the LIVE STREAM at http://donrogersshow.com/listen !!!

3. That's about it!
"Tonight, it's been a year..." - The Jets, Make it Real

This show has been off for 13 months, since May of last year.

If you were serious about it, you'd do a weekly show and if you had a problem you'd get someone else to substitute for you. And you'd have a plan on what you were going to do for each show.

Consider the fact that even Flack is better organized on putting out a show than you are!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Why do you have to be so negative about this all the time?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Because he's a lonely blob of a person. There are less than a dozen people in the world who give two shits about anything he has to say and he comes here to be rude to most of them.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Well put Commander T Darcos, sound advice I will try to apply to my own promises to myself of finishing projects I keep setting aside. But like those times I've had to put my projects on hold for priorities at home or work I'm sure Pinback and co have their own lives that must take precedence whether we or they like it or not. So be patient.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote:That's not very encouraging.

Why everyone gotta take shots?
It's the reverse psychology thingy. We're trying to make you prove us wrong.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Just sayin', how about a little encouragement up in this bitch??

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote:Just sayin', how about a little encouragement up in this bitch??
I have two versions of encouragent to offer.

Version 1: Common, pinback, you can do it! Be believe in you!

Version 2: Do the fucking show, asshole.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Why do you have to be so negative about this all the time?
Because you keep engaging in programmus interruptus, you're nothing but a show tease!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:Well put Commander T Darcos, sound advice I will try to apply to my own promises to myself of finishing projects I keep setting aside. But like those times I've had to put my projects on hold for priorities at home or work I'm sure Pinback and co have their own lives that must take precedence whether we or they like it or not. So be patient.
He keeps promising to do the fucking show, and it's been fourteen fucking months. 30 days is reasonable to be patient, for a show that basically consists of recording whatever is done. The fact remains that the show is nothing but a hobby for him and he treats it that way, as if it were something he might do on occasion but it's unimportant and doesn't matter if he (ever) gets around to it again.

Either you do something, or you don't. If you don't and keep talking about how you're going to do it, all you're doing is engaging in intellectual masturbation. Talk-talk doesn't accomplish anything except maybe he gets a feelk-good reaction, but none of us notice anything.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:Because he's a lonely blob of a person. There are less than a dozen people in the world who give two shits about anything he has to say and he comes here to be rude to most of them.
Pinback has been doing this for years, what else is new?

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Tdarcos wrote:He keeps promising to do the fucking show, and it's been fourteen fucking months. 30 days is reasonable to be patient, for a show that basically consists of recording whatever is done. The fact remains that the show is nothing but a hobby for him and he treats it that way, as if it were something he might do on occasion but it's unimportant and doesn't matter if he (ever) gets around to it again.
Well... technically Tdarcos, it really isn't all that important, at least not as important as you're making it sound. It really is just a hobby. He isn't getting paid or getting academic recognition or exposure to the general public in order to build the foundation for a career or cause. Like you said all he basically has to do is load audacity and hit the record button while he's in a Skype chat with you or I or any one or more of us.

I'm thinking maybe he has the same problem I have with Skype. I'm too busy to add yet another distraction to my existing list of distractions and when I logon Skype I get pressured into chatting with people constantly which I do enjoy but also hate because it consumes time and accomplishes nothing. Hmm, damn, now that I think of it, I could have recorded so many hilarious little skits for a radio show if I had recorded those chats.

Not just time consumption though, I also have to really be in the mood to use Skype or any live chat prog. I guess I'm just so accustomed to communicating via text and images that I never really got totally acclimated to voice chatting for extended periods of time. (as far back as I can remember I hated phone chats and conference calls like my sisters had constantly). Of course it helps when your actually doing things interactively with the people your talking to such as playing some mmo.

Anyway, if you really really want a show that bad and can't wait for someone else to do it, and it's as easy as running a free sound recording prog during Skype chat, why don't you take the initiative?
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:Well put Commander T Darcos, sound advice I will try to apply to my own promises to myself of finishing projects I keep setting aside. But like those times I've had to put my projects on hold for priorities at home or work I'm sure Pinback and co have their own lives that must take precedence whether we or they like it or not. So be patient.
He keeps promising to do the fucking show, and it's been fourteen fucking months.
WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU, dickhead? Are you paying for the show? Did I personally guarantee a certain number of shows to your fat fucking face? Are you really that offended that I've been doing other things with my life other than sitting in a chair Skyping with you with the record button on? WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE.
30 days is reasonable to be patient
You're being PATIENT, now. For something that costs zero, and that I do for fun whenever the hell I want to. You're being PATIENT.

Do you know that everyone now considers you the world's biggest asshole, both figuratively AND literally?
The fact remains that the show is nothing but a hobby for him and he treats it that way
HEEEEY! WHADDYA KNOW! The fat man got something right for the first time in his life! DINGDINGDINGDING! That's RIGHT you autistic bag of goo, the show is NOTHING BUT A HOBBY, and I treat, and will CONTINUE to treat it that way. How you ever got the idea it was anything else, well, that's understandable since you're 100% wrong about everything, all of the time, ever.
Either you do something, or you don't.
Good point. How about this: Fuck off. Either you do that, or you don't.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:Anyway, if you really really want a show that bad and can't wait for someone else to do it, and it's as easy as running a free sound recording prog during Skype chat, why don't you take the initiative?
Who said I wanted to do a show? What I am commenting about is the fact that <s>Pinback</s> Don Rigers doesn't do the show, but claims that it's not gone and talks about how it's "down for retooling" (whatever that means), and ignores the fact it's been in that state for over a year.

If he had decided it was too much work and walked away, that's one thing. But all he keeps doing is talking about his non-existent show that he is planning to do. Reminds me of the story of the lazy guy from the Appalachias who complains that the roof leaks. Can't fix it while it's raining (obviously he can't be on a roof tilted at an angle during a rain storm), and when it's not raining the roof doesn't leak so it's not necessary to fix it!

Fish or cut bail, Don Rogers. Do the show, or quit talking about it. Shut up and soldier.