July 29 tape

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

July 29 tape

Post by pinback »

http://pinback.moltobenny.com/drs/drs072914.mp3

I will not listen to it because of how horrible the entire experience was, but GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK!

The show will be back in two weeks, and will be RETOOLED, because if I ever do a show like this one again, I'm just selling all the equipment and never thinking about it again.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: July 29 tape

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote:http://pinback.moltobenny.com/drs/drs072914.mp3

I will not listen to it because of how horrible the entire experience was, but GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK!

The show will be back in two weeks, and will be RETOOLED, because if I ever do a show like this one again, I'm just selling all the equipment and never thinking about it again.
Spoke with Don briefly after the phone.

His Internet speed and the problems with Skype are making it tough to have 8 people on the line. I know, I know - it's never been a problem we ever thought we'd have.

The streaming isn't a problem because that's handled through his external website. That can handle plenty of people.

So doing some kind of rotating panel of people Skyping in may be the way to go. I know there were portions of last night's call where the quality got dodgy. It is death for the host to speak and nobody to be able to hear him.

But I want to stress how much we appreciate everyone calling in and contributing and being a part of the live experience. I'll break character and say that having that many people listen was a goal of Ben's for years now. That all went well. Did that go well?

"Yes." -- Larry King and Bit.

Let me start another post for my RANT.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

My RANT is that it is absolutely sickening, after getting $200 billion from taxpayers and after it being 2014 (excuse my grammar) that we can't have 8 fucking people on an Internet call without it going screwy.

ISPs pulling this shit MAKES ME SICK.

I hate Google, but I am switching us to fiber in a second when I get the chance.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Thanks.

You could try Mumble instead. It's server-based (so you'll need a Mumble server), but that means your PC won't have to stream your voice to 8 people at the same time. It only streams to the server, and those 8 people (or 800 people, doesn't matter) will get the voice packets from the server. And it's higher quality than Skype.

But... you need a server. There's many free ones though.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

8 callers...COOL!

Ahminna call in on the next show, but early to get a good seat, bandwidth-wise.

THE
FRONT ROW
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

I thought the show was as funny as ever.

I don't know how many Skype connections you can handle before things start getting distorted, but it sounds like at a minimum Don, Adam, Robb, and Paul should be on every show, so you're starting with 4.

I played some of the show for my wife and she said she had no idea who any of the people were and didn't get any of the jokes. I think that's the problem with expanding the show's listenership outside the forum's users.

My goal every time I'm on the show is to get Don to laugh. Last week I was about 4 for 4, I think. Someday I hope to do enough job to get added to the show's intro like everybody else.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."