Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Is Cartman just doing a 40-year prank?

You may select 1 option

View results

pinback

South Park: Post COVID

Post by pinback »

Let's start with a poll!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: South Park: Post COVID

Post by Casual Observer »

Thanks for the heads up! I had completely missed that this was out, which is weird because the wife just asked me to look up when the next episode was coming out and I didn't find anything. Torrented.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Pretty sure Eric called the wife Heather after kyle knocked on the door so definitely a prank. Kinda boring episode though, Alexa was the best part aside from a few funny gags.

Casual Observer

Ok, I'll follow up with this. I think Matt and Trey have run out of ideas or they're just not trying anymore. The post-Covid special was horrible, one of the worst I've seen from them except maybe their "movie". The plot dragged, they referenced interesting past adventures but no flashback or anything interesting. There were a few funny SP typical gags but the whole story arc smacks of writers who love their own characters more than their audience. We waited how many months for this crap? I'm paying for at least 6 streaming channels for what? Everything is shit nowadays.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:54 pm one of the worst I've seen from them except maybe their "movie".
What does this mean? What "movie"? Bigger, Longer, Uncut? What?
writers who love their own characters more than their audience.
Judging by their audience in this thread, so do I. OHHhhhh gottem

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:14 am What "movie"? Bigger, Longer, Uncut? What?
Yeah, that one, just as bad as the simpsons movie. I love South Park, I love the newer "serialized" seasons and even enjoyed the pandemic specials. Not saying I didn't laugh out loud multiple times watching Post Covid, not saying that. Just saying that the plot really dragged, some of their repetitive jokes were funny but in a copying Monty Python kind of way, and they spent too much time talking about a backstory that would have been better as a flashback or something.

I will say that the "woke" jokes that Jimmy kept doing seem to be some kind of secret ode to the late Norm Macdonald as they seem like exactly what he would have done in his best deadpan kind of way if he was still doing standup in this PC era.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am
pinback wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:14 am What "movie"? Bigger, Longer, Uncut? What?
Yeah, that one, just as bad as the simpsons movie.
This is the worst opinion in the history of this BBS. But you hold at least 8 out of the 10 top spots, so that's fine.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm guess CO didn't care for the new one either. I enjoyed it. I enjoy South Park. And at least now we have an answer to the poll!

Casual Observer

I'm hoping the part 2 saves it, haven't had the chance yet.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:14 pm I'm guess CO didn't care for the new one either. I enjoyed it. I enjoy South Park. And at least now we have an answer to the poll!

Meh. Turned it off at 28 min, ill go back to it when I'm stoned enough. Still jumbled with multiple story lines and most of the gags are wearing thin. They beat the hell out of the Alexa gag, and the Cartman jewish gag, and Family Guy's ann frank cutaway was funnier. Butters NFT jokes are good but a bit overplayed. The whole Clive antivaxx joke was funny until inexplicably they keep the redneck loser close by the rest of the show. I love SouthPark but think they barely phoned it in for this special. Also, they are greedy assholes as I bought the entire season but these specials don't count and they want me to buy another damn streaming channel.

Casual Observer

Yeah, the last 32 minutes did not save the episode. Laughed at the final Alexa gag but the story was crap and the ending was just sappy whiny bullshit.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ike at the airport was funny, c'mon.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:02 pm Ike at the airport was funny, c'mon.
agreed. The gags were the only saving grace of this disaster. Just like Work from home Forever is the best saving grace of the pandemic.