Advertisement relationships.

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Advertisement relationships.

Post by Casual Observer »

Biden disagrees with you Pinback:
mighty joe young in his Tulsa speech wrote:I’ve never been more optimistic about the future than I am today. I mean that. And the reason is because of this new generation of young people. They’re the best educated, they’re the least prejudiced, the most open generation in American history.

And although I have no scientific basis of what I’m about to say, but those of you who are over 50 — how often did you ever see — how often did you ever see advertisements on television with Black and white couples? Not a joke.

I challenge you — find today, when you turn on the stations — sit on one station for two hours. And I don’t know how many commercials you’ll see — eight to five — two to three out of five have mixed-race couples in them. That’s not by accident. They’re selling soap, man. (Crowd laughs). Not a joke.

Remember ol’ Pat Caddell? He used to say, “You want to know what’s happening in American culture? Watch advertising, because they want to sell what they have.”
Not sure if mixed race ads really make up for bombing city blocks from small planes. Think there should be some reparations for what we've done here.