Tron Legacy Pinball

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:So, the game came with a mini arcade cabinet on it.

A guy made a mod that has a realistic-looking cabinet running MAME code for the attract screen from Tron on a tiny LCD.

Oh here is a picture. I bought one and installed it. You can click on it for a larger picture.

You haven't posted this story or picture yet today in this thread. C'mon, you've got a streak going!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think I am losing my mind. This thread might be the documentation of where it all began.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I think it began when you started contemplating buying pinball machines, but fortunately, you'll be long dead from a motorcycle accident before the dementia can take full effect.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I.... like the pinball machines more than the arcade games.

There. I said it. If that is dementia then ...

Izzat it?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I prefer the tables with painted rather than photographed backglasses(?)

The photo ones feel like a cop out. But that's just me. I like the electro-mechanical tables better than the computerized ones, even though the newer ones can be way more exciting in terms of stuff to achieve.

THE
LAUNDRY LIST
INSTRUCTION CARD
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

I do play this regularly, but I feel that I could have made a better use of money than a new in box one. God.

I have been some terrible financial decisions this year.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

After seeing your little Tron mod and then playing the Family Guy pinball cab and unlocking Stewie's game within a game, I would enjoy living in a reality where the mini tron cab is a fully playable light cycle game.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Also, I installed a mod! The pin has one shot that has an arcade game on top. Well, that arcade game looked like shit. A dude made a real scale model Tron cabinet and figured out how to get the attract code running over a small LCD screen on it. I know. I know!
I think it's cute. It reminds me how the opening of The Stanley Parable has a menu screen for the start of the game where the mouse pointer can select a menu, and on the screen is a video screen of "The Stanley Parable" with a mouse above a set of menu options, and the mouse on that screen appears in the same spot as yours does, following your movements. And that screen has a video game with "The Stanley Parable" appearing on it, with a mouse above a set of menu options...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

This is a fantastic machine, one Jonsey was kind enough to let me spoil with my shitty, shitty scores. The miniature arcade cabinet mod is very cool in person. You don't have to be good at pinball to appreciate what a cool machine this is. Which, in my case, is good.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."