I get a call from a co-worker

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

I get a call from a co-worker

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

One of my co-workers left for the day on Thursday. Two minutes after she left, I get a call from her. She tells me that there is a model and a photographer using my motorcycle -- parked in the parking lot at work -- in their photos.

Well. Huh.

I go outside and sure enough there's this cute redhead straddling the back of the bike. A photographer is on the ground shooting her.

I approach them and say, "HEYYYY!" and it's not until I tell them that that's my motorcycle do they get all apologetic. The photog said that "they'd been looking for a motorcycle all day" as if that's an excuse to fuck with someone's property. The entitlement!

Of course, if I had thought about it, I would have given the girl my card and told her to meet me out there after I had a chance to get my own camera and gear, but I don't have a card. So I get the desire, but that's still pretty douchey of the guy.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I once had a co-worker move my motorcycle for me during his break without my permission. When he came back inside he told me he pushed my motorcycle to another parking spot to get it out of the sunlight and into the shade. Yes, I flipped my shit. No, I hadn't locked my forks. I work at a place where guys with guns check your credentials every day at the gate when you come to work. I didn't feel like I had to secure my motorcycle from people who have to go through a background check just to park next to me.

I don't know what it is about motorcycles that makes people think they can touch them. Nobody would just open someone random car door, climb inside and make "vroom vroom" sounds.

That being said, I think you missed a great opportunity to offer that model a ride on your motorcycle. Or moustache.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."