I had a visitor come see me Friday!

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

I had a visitor come see me Friday!

Post by Tdarcos »

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I must have failed to save it.

Around noon on Friday, an aide told me I had a visitor. Well, the only person who's come to visit mer is my friend Davis, who was my landlord for over nine years. So, anyway, since Davis is African-American and this man is caucasian, it certainlt wasn't him!

So he mentions who he is, by his handle her, and I didn't get it, so he says his real name, then I remember.

It's Flack!

I was very happy to see him - I get visitors maybe once every three months on average - so this was a very welcome surprise. He's here on vacation with his wife, who works remotely, but every couple of weeks comes back here to handle issues that require direct personal attention. So they decided to come by for the July 4th weekend.

So we swap stories - I hope I didn't monopolize the conversation - and I show him my setup where I have three computers on a KVM, one of which doesn't work (the video apparently died) which is the newer computer I bought when my first computer wouldn't boot, so I bought a better computer for less than I paid for that one.

I told him about some of my exploits in college on the computers there, some of which, if did them now, would get me a few years in Club Fed. I think I'll tell some of my stories in a later posting.

I also recommended he try Five Guys burgers, and, of course, the "New York style" pizza (Note to Pinback: if it isn't true NY style, it's still delicious).

We also took pictures together, he used his iPhone, I used my 2.7K video/photo camera. My roommate, Leslie Rouse took the pictures for us. He spent about a half hour, but had to leave because he left his wife in the car. So we said our goodbyes, and then Jack Flack escaped!

Thsnk you for the lovely, wonderful, truffle chocolates, Flack. I am deeply touched. Unfortunately, they melted overnight, but I'll still eat them, I'll just be careful so the chocolate doesn't drool off, and I'll lick the spoon err I mean the wrapper. The white chocolate ones are delicious; I haven't had white chocolate in 30 years.

I'm glad we had the chance to meet, and perhaps I'll meet some of the rest of you if you're ever in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Re: I had a visitor come see me Friday!

Post by AArdvark »

Flack already won the MVP and it's only July

Actually, he's won a lifetime achievement award.

THE
ACHIEVEMENT
UNLOCKED
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

I thought I remembered the town the Commander was staying in, and it turned out it's the same town (Alexandria) my wife is leasing a place in. In Oklahoma, we use the "one mile = one minute" metric. Although our place is only about 10 miles from the Commander, it took us about 25 minutes to make our way over there.

I'm glad we were able to get your second computer up and running quickly, and it doesn't surprise me that the truffles melted as I think they keep that building around 75 degrees. If I am able to stop by again the next time I'm in town, I will try to bring something less prone to melting.

Unfortunately my time that day was kind of limited. My wife was able to take one of her work calls from the car while I was inside visiting. Then we had about an hour to eat before we had to get back so she could do another meeting in person. We have Five Guys locally so we ended up at District Taco, which was great.

The Commander knows how to spin a yarn and I enjoyed all his stories. I look forward to hearing more of them in the future!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hell yeah! I doubt I'll get out that way for anything this year but if I was.. I'd do the same thing. This rates up there with one of the... nah, this is THE most awesome news I've read on the Internet all year. Good to hear all of this.

Moreso than say EVERY story Paul has told me over the Fone. My gods (as you pointed out) that man can SPIN A YARD lolol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:26 pmthat man can SPIN A YARD lolol
Jiz, I believe the expression is "spin a yarn" as a yarn is both a story and a type of rope med by spinning cotton thread into a soft bundle.

(Elvis has left the ... err I mean the grammar police have left the building.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Typo. My bad lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

SPIN
A
YARGH
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!