Windows 10 has 4 years to live.

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Windows 10 has 4 years to live.

Post by Tdarcos »

Stumbling upon this website, I discovered that - and this is coming straight from Microsoft - Windows 10 has only 3 (three) years left to live. Microsoft reports, that since Windows 10 Enterprise, Pro, and Home were all released on the same date, July 15, 2015, End of Life is October 14, 2025. So, we have 3 years and 16 days before Microsoft ends all support and updates to all versions of Windows 10.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Windows 10 has 3 years to live.

Post by Tdarcos »

Somehow, post editing has been disabled so I can't fix it.. I don't know how I missed it, but the title should read "Windows 10 has 3 years to live", not 4.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Windows 10 has 3 years to live.

Post by Tdarcos »

Again, don't tell me I made a mistake. I saw this one after posting. It's three years and 15 days, not 16. It's one less, probably to account for the bad one I'm having so far today.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Windows 10 has 3 years to live.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:03 am Again, don't tell me I made a mistake. I saw this one after posting. It's three years and 15 days, not 16. It's one less, probably to account for the bad one I'm having so far today.
We would never tell you that you made a mistake.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Re: Windows 10 has 4 years to live.

Post by Flack »

According to Microsoft, 200 million PCs were still running Windows 7 as of 2020, and the number was down to 100 million by 2021 (SOURCE). The threat of ending patch support doesn't seem to deter everyone, and half the people here will rejoice when their machines are no longer patched. Also, a little "inside baseball" (is that the term?) -- "end of support" really means "end of free support". If you ever want to know more about where some of your tax dollars go, read up on extended security updates.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I wish Windows only had 1 day to live.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I wish I had only one day to (kidding)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!