Surfin USA

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

cassie_91

Re: Surfin USA

Post by cassie_91 »

They mainly bounced me aroudn flat rides, as I didnt stay long enough to get "promoted" up to stuff like JackRabbit or Phantoms Revenge. They gave me the choice of that or carnival games and I said id take the bumper cars any day of the week.

At least there you could route for some of those little bastards to get some baby teeth knocked out.. heheheh.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

cassie_91 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:46 pm ... I said id take the bumper cars any day of the week.

At least there you could route for some of those little bastards to get some baby teeth knocked out.. heheheh.
And if you're really lucky, a live electrocution!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:14 pm
cassie_91 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:46 pm ... I said id take the bumper cars any day of the week.

And if you're really lucky, a live electrocution!
LoL bro I had the most unrealistic fear of being electrocuted or being burned by the sparks of bumper cars until I was 10 years old.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Surf was absolute bullshit the past few days. Nothing but a shore break. I did wade out in the ocean a bit today though just to get some exercise and all. Good to take in the air as it was better quality out there than inland, plus the sights including a few chicks in thongs playing volleyball. Figured out what's wrong with the "kitchen" sink in my trailer and have an attack plan on how to fix soon.

Got shrimp and sea trout to fry up tomorrow before I head back to the waterpark for work.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I swear, when you post about your weekends at the ocean you make it sound like you're living in an Old Milwaukee commercial. My weekend goes by so quick I barely notice it sometimes.

THE
DOESN'T GET ANY
BETTER THAN THIS
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:19 am My weekend goes by so quick I barely notice it sometimes.

THE
DOESN'T GET ANY
BETTER THAN THIS
AARDVARK
The way you're responding, I'd think more like it's not that his life is more enjoyable as it seems to go on slower, e.g. more like:

THE
I JUST WANNA
STOP
TDARCOS
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:00 am
AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:19 am My weekend goes by so quick I barely notice it sometimes.

THE
DOESN'T GET ANY
BETTER THAN THIS
AARDVARK
The way you're responding, I'd think more like it's not that his life is more enjoyable as it seems to go on slower, e.g. more like:

THE
I JUST WANNA
STOP
TDARCOS
LOL sometimes I do wonder which it is!
AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:19 am I swear, when you post about your weekends at the ocean you make it sound like you're living in an Old Milwaukee commercial. My weekend goes by so quick I barely notice it sometimes.

THE
DOESN'T GET ANY
BETTER THAN THIS
AARDVARK
ROFL Old Milwaukee commercial! I know exactly what you mean.

I do try to make the most of my time! At 43 (44 in 2 months) it's not as if I've got tons of spare time just laying around. It also helps that I don't have children and basically just tell my girlfriend what I'm doing rather than "asking permission" and most of the time if it involves physical activity outside she don't wanna go anyway. While I didn't get out on the kayak, I did that a couple of weeks ago and will probably be back at the end of this month.

Edit: Oh and here are 2 pictures from then. Thong girls not pictured as they were on the other side of the pier and I ain't no creeper heh

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Today was an awes.. I mean "splash-tastic" day at Emerald Pointe.

Every single slide was open all day, which is a park achievement in itself!

Seeing my friend I got in free meet all my co-working characters in RealLife was also very cool beyond just pointing out how well my red lines I painted in the wave pool are holding up. At one point we're floating around the Lazy River for the 2nd time as a couple of them notice fence toppers being broken by guests and one guy (the local plumbing professional) .. yells down at me; "Mikey! I know he did it because that's just how he is" lol I yell back "Yeah man, because that makes total sense bro. I just break stuff here!".

Only con: The Dare Devil Drop is slicing backs at this point with the joint gaps at the bottom. Going to try to elevate this issue to upper crust people! I'll fix it my damn if I have to.. I love the 70 foot drop but man does it scrape worse when you hit the transition this year.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:52 pm I'll fix it my damn if I have to.. I love the 70 foot drop but man does it scrape worse when you hit the transition this year.
And that, right there, shows why places that treat employees decently do so much better than others, You care about keeping the place fun and not wanting to see guests hurt, even in a minor way. Where the place doesn't care about employees, they know it, they just say "fuck it" do the minimum they can get away with, and won't do anything until told to.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:04 am
Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:52 pm I'll fix it my damn if I have to.. I love the 70 foot drop but man does it scrape worse when you hit the transition this year.
And that, right there, shows why places that treat employees decently do so much better than others, You care about keeping the place fun and not wanting to see guests hurt, even in a minor way. Where the place doesn't care about employees, they know it, they just say "fuck it" do the minimum they can get away with, and won't do anything until told to.
Exactly. It's going to be hard as me being the new guy to try to "lay down the law" on the conditions of this 70 ft slide, but I I'm going to speak with my boss's boss soon about this. He's from the New Jersey area and very no nonsense with a "just fucking fix it right" attitude.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

After my shift ends at 1 am, I’m off until Tuesday! Time to head back for my monthly Salty Shores trip. Won’t have to hurry back this go round!

I also made a .plan for the next release of Duck Slide Range. Should knock out a good chunk of things soon.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The led light strip I bought looks cool here. To hell with fixing the old light fixtures.. I’ll just deck the trailer in LED strips
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Waterpark update:
One night the “Scooter Run” slide was left on. At 5 am as the sun came up I grabbed an inflatable boat and rode down it a handful of times.

Tonight, I just turned on a slide!! Video to come..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Here we go!

This was a dream way before I even started this job. I mentioned it to a few of my friends; "Mark my words, I will figure out how to turn these rides on myself." And now I am LIVING THE DREAM.

I don't have a key to most of the pump houses, but during the day I noticed that the one for these slides and a near by one was unlocked. Peering in I only see 2 things that could possibly be manipulated. A flow levers for each big ass pipe connected to a pump, and what look like "main" breakers for power to each. The flow lever appears to be somewhere between open and stop.. either way it doesn't appear closed (that would be bad!). I then pull one of the switches. The pump springs to life with a whirring sound and a few seconds later I hear water!

Slide down it 6 times by myself. It dumps into a 8 and 1/2 foot giant pool that's a bit intimidating at night in the dark, but man was it a blast. Perfect water temp. Switched it off when done to dry off and wait for the street sweepers.. that never even showed up on my shift lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You did it! Many have said they want to live the dream, but you are doing it!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:27 pm You did it! Many have said they want to live the dream, but you are doing it!!
Hell yeah!

Also, per the Fatass Challenge, please note at 0:06 I am indeed skinny as rail and need to eat more cheeseburgers.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:01 pm I don't have a key to most of the pump houses
"What kind of locks are they?" asked the guy with a spare set of lockpicks.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Flack wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:00 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:01 pm I don't have a key to most of the pump houses
Flack, can you pick locks? That's so cool, I want to learn. I watch The Lockpicking Lawyer all the time.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:00 pm
Just sent you an email with a couple of pictures. Didn’t feel it was a good idea to put here.

I started to ask my boss about getting an actual key yesterday.. but was interrupted by him standing up to storm into the break room to yell at people lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Slept too much yesterday afternoon/evening. Worked my 1-8 am shift, went home, tried to lay down for another nap, then went right back to the park at 11 am and stayed til 3 pm. Going by myself during the day for the first time was pretty cool; though now I don't really feel like I'm there by myself as I see and talk to many of my co-workers.

Rode all my favorite slides numerous times including the 70 footer.. but man am I sore and wore out now.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻