When parts fail, people die.

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

When parts fail, people die.

Post by AArdvark »

This was a quote from one of the purchasing managers from a big train building company in France. See, they rejected fifteen of our parts because the paperwork was incorrect. When I say 'our' parts I mean parts that my company built. So we fixed the paperwork problem. Then they rejected the same fifteen parts because the paint spec was 'wrong'. We don't paint in house, we send those parts out to a painter. The print spec required a 60% shiny-ness from the paint. I don't know the real term but that what it means, not too glossy but not too matte either.

So now here's the thing. The parts are antenna brackets. A welded u-shaped bracket about a foot long. This is an adapter bracket for a Toronto antenna, whatever that is. It will be mounted on the outside of the train or subway car and have an antenna bolted to it. It's made of steel and it's pretty heavy duty. I have no doubt that when WW3 is done and gone these antenna brackets will still be holding up their antennas on the outside of the trains. Whatever the radiation count will be.

But the paint on them is too shiny. Mind you, we're kinda doing this big worldwide train company a favor by expediting these parts. They say frog and we say sac-ray blue! When our plant manager questioned the train company purchasing manager if the paint spec concerning reflectivity really really needed to be met, the response was, and I quote: "When parts fail, people die."

The guy is an asshole and I've never even met him.

THE
GODDAM FUCKER BASTARDS!
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I did some searching and came to the conclusion that a Toronto antenna is for transmitting internet data to trains so there can be wi-fi onboard. People gonna die if they cant see their cat videos when the antenna brackets fail because they are too shiny.

THE
STILL
MOTHERFUCKING
THEM ABOUT IT
AARDVARK