I tried to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

I tried to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I drive over to the Gamespot near my house. Line is 4 people deep. First three guys are all dressed like it's the early 80s punk scene. Nobody has a game in their hand. The lone, frazzled clerk is running to the back room and register for god knows what reason. Behind all of the kids is a black guy in a suit with two games and a receipt. He looks like he's been staring into the abyss. Rather than spend 20 minutes there, I decide to go home and try to order a code online.

Bring up the Playstation store. Can't login, of course. Reset my password. Clicking on the button to add the game to my "cart" DOES NOT WORK. Try to logon with Firefox. "The connection to the server timed out." Go back to Chrome. Get the same thing.

Remember this shit the next time someone says text games are tough to figure out because there's an executable and story file.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Re: I tried to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight

Post by AArdvark »

I heard RDR2 is the super number uno top bazinga game of the decade. I can understand why obtaining it on opening day would be difficult. Maybe I'll get the first one for PS3 at Christmas and see what all they hype was about.
It sucks that in this day and age the internet can still be clogged up like this.

THE
GET MORE SERVERS
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

I wonder sometimes if companies just say "fuck it" and move some code to prod without scheduling an outage. Like, ahhhhh it's only going to be 20 seconds. If some fatty fat fat fuck fathead fatty can't get his o_0;;; GAYYYMESSSS for 20 seconds, then fuck him in his fat face (/shakes rattle)

Which is fair. That's fine. Understandable.

It's downloading now. Now I remember why I wanted the DVD version. It's like 92 gigabytes. We have the technology to make that something that could be transferred in 10 minutes, but out here - we have a monopoly when it comes to internet - the PS4 is telling me it will take 4 hours.

I hope that it will let me plug in a USB flash drive for extra storage. The 360 did. (Side note: I am on my second Xbox 360. This one just started dying after maybe 2 years.)

Flack

Post by Flack »

The great thing about being so out of touch is that things cost pennies on the dollar by the time I get around to playing them. When packing up my PS4 before the move I noticed that I had Star Wars Battlefront 1, but not 2. I checked eBay and was able to get the second one for $10, shipped. By the time I get around to playing RDR2, I'll probably be able to have a virtual cowboy deliver it to me.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Honest question: Who here is getting RDR2 only for the shrinking horse testicles?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Also by that time I might have this download finished!

I expect there to be a lot of saloon doors. If I don't see a ton of them, I am going to be disappointed.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:07 pm Remember this shit the next time someone says text games are tough to figure out because there's an executable and story file.
Hahaha I will! So true.

I kinda cheated. I went to Gamestop at like 11:45 AM (took early lunch break) and there was a copy just sitting on the counter. I did not want to buy this game. I kept telling myself I wouldn't buy another PS4 game until Taiko No Tatsujin comes out. But the more I looked at it and saw my co-workers talking about buying it, I gave in.

Co-workers are already complaining about it and putting it aside to play Assassins' Creed 12 or wtf ever it is. I really enjoy the game though. Most fun I've had with a "modern" game in a long time.

Didn't even notice balls but getting blood on your hands and stuff is cool.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 amDidn't even notice balls