10th Anniversary of the Fruit Turkey

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

10th Anniversary of the Fruit Turkey

Post by Flack »

I am one of those people who doesn't know how to cook anything, and my wife is one of those people who knows how to cook everything. Not only that, but she can cook a dozen things at the same time. Holidays, especially Thanksgiving, consist of my wife cooking a dozen dishes and me staying out of the kitchen (except when it's tasting time!).

So, in 2008, I decided I was going to make something of my own. I couldn't make the turkey, or the dressing, or anything else, so instead I decided to make... a FRUIT TURKEY.

I got the idea from some website. The body was a cantelope; the head, a potato. I improvised on the skewers, adding meat and cheese and grapes. Then I cut up some bell peppers for various other parts. I guess in the end he was more than just fruit, but the name stuck.

The reaction was... mixed. Much like my humor, everybody under the age of twelve loved it, and everyone over that age collectively scratched their heads. Before long, everyone started grabbing skewers and eating the fruit turkey as an appetizer.

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys, and Happy 10th Anniversary to the Fruit Turkey.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Re: 10th Anniversary of the Fruit Turkey

Post by Billy Mays »

Have you considered using a bosc pear for the head instead of a potato? It would look identical while being much tastier.

Also, I would like to thank you for living up to our MVP expectations unlike AArdvark and Tdarcos who virtually hung it up after winning.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Man, feelin' the burn!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:57 pm Have you considered using a bosc pear for the head instead of a potato? It would look identical while being much tastier.

Also, I would like to thank you for living up to our MVP expectations unlike AArdvark and Tdarcos who virtually hung it up after winning.
I showed the picture to my wife and she reminded me that I used a pear and not a potato. So, +1 to Mr. Mays.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

My suspicions told me it was a pear in the photograph but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt instead. Thank you for coming clean on the matter.