The Grass is Always Greener

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

bryanb

Re: The Grass is Always Greener

Post by bryanb »

ChainGangGuy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:38 pm A few of us have mentioned the supposed, sensed ire of our neighbors. Are any of us troubled by it?
I for one am not. I admit that I probably don't care about my lawn as much as I should (or at least not as much as society would prefer), but my neighbor cares too much about his. It's bordering on obsession quite frankly. The way I see it, I'm just showing him another approach to life. I'm broadening his horizons one uncut blade of grass at a time. I just hope he doesn't start reading up on county statutes...

My lawn actually looks pretty good at the moment, but it won't last for long, particularly since my mower has decided to stop starting recently. I've changed the air filter and spark plug already this season so it may be the carburetor. My personal approach to carburetors in anything is to just pretend that they don't exist, but that only takes you so far.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

bryanb wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pmMy personal approach to carburetors in anything is to just pretend that they don't exist, but that only takes you so far.
I'm so glad that it's been decades since I've had anything with a carburetor.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

How's it going for people's lawns? Flack - you end up getting a guy? ChainGanGuy - that dude still doing it for $35?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Once a week is good enough for me. Got me a set of those GatorBlades, mulching blades so there's no trails of grass clumps. Exept when it's wet

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:28 pm How's it going for people's lawns? Flack - you end up getting a guy? ChainGanGuy - that dude still doing it for $35?
I found a guy who does it for $50 and comes every other week. It is the perfect scenario -- in fact, I gave my riding mower away to a friend who said he could fix it up. Every other Wednesday my dude and his buddy pull up in front of my house with their truck and their trailer and do the whole 3/4 acre in about an hour. I'm the happiest boy in the world. I hope my lawn guy outlives me and we keep this arrangement for the rest of my life. Oh, also my wife pays him online so we never even talk to him. It's a perfect relationship!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

My mowing time is the happiest part of my week. Listenin' to Neil, nobody barking at me or bugging me. Ahh, heaven.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Just got a set of those bone conducting headsets so's I can listen to my radio shows, I know what you mean

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

While mowing my dad's lawn (for a measly $10, damn there's been some inflation in lawn cutting) I spent 90% of the time daydreaming about inventing a robotic lawn mower.