"I got a card today, Oh boy…"¹

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

"I got a card today, Oh boy…"¹

Post by Tdarcos »

A ketter came in the mail today. Oh boy, mail! Even junk mail or bills brighten my life, so let's see what ir is!

No name and a bar-coded Santa stamp, apparently uncancelled, implying it was bulk mail. In case it wasn't. I opened the letter carefully to not damage it. In it was a nice card, with a picture of a boy standing on a cliff while an enormous polar bear was standing on the ground, looking down at the boy, plate of cookies in one paw, offering a cookie to the boy with the other. Inside, on the left it says, "Never take cookies from strange bears." On the other page was a crossed out *Seasons greetings* replaced by "Merry Christmas" And what looks like an "S" scrawled at the bottom.

The envelope had no name or return address, only a postmark, which was from Rochester. NY. I couldn't remember who on this board is from there. But, in the upper left corner of the envelope, is a drawing of an animal, and I recognized it, and from that I knew who sent it to me, because they are that drawing.

In short, thank you, Aardvark, for the nice card.

- - - -
¹ The title is a take off from the opening line of The Beatles song, A Day in the Life: I read the news today, oh boy…
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Re: "I got a card today, Oh boy…"¹

Post by AArdvark »

Merry Christmas To all of you!

THE
(HO) 3
AARDVARK