So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

C'mon, get it all out there, I can take it! I can't believe I still have the power to run people off of here -- I figured all the ones that stuck around were impervious. But no, your boy's still GOT IT, and you know why? Because the great ones never lose it.

But okay, let's turn the tables, if it makes everyone feel better. Let 'er rip! Today is a day for CATHARSIS.. And if that doesn't work, perhaps just a few rounds of THARSIS.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Flack »

I can't think of a single one.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

You didn't create this as a poll, Billy's going to hate that.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

You have almost absolutely terrible taste in moving pictures. We are almost a complete converse in our enjoyment of movies and TV.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Name one thing I like that you don't. How is it possible to not like something I like? I mean, I know you're a Caltrops cast-off so you still think it's cool to dislike things, but I mean, what's not to like?

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Let's try the other way: I like Jaws. I like Breaking Bad. I'm pretty sure I hate every other thing you have ever loved.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, I'm not gonna bother with that. But thank you for your participation.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Fittingly, Happiness, one of the things he loved most is you
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You never acknowledged twinback.

edit: Oh, nevermind, I remember you set that thing up with your cousin. That was fun.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I was just trying something out here and it wouldn't let me delete it despite it being an option next to edit

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm coming off pretty well in this thread.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:51 am So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?
Your sarcasm needs to get a bit more subtle. Other than that, perfect.

Automatic Respnder

Post by Automatic Respnder »

pinback wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:51 am C'mon, get it all out there, I can take it! I can't believe I still have the power to run people off of here -- I figured all the ones that stuck around were impervious. But no, your boy's still GOT IT, and you know why? Because the great ones never lose it.

But okay, let's turn the tables, if it makes everyone feel better. Let 'er rip! Today is a day for CATHARSIS..
This is the automated response system with a reply to your message. The reply was from:
Uh, i don't want to give my name
Your response is provided below. To comply with content restrictions any improper language will be euthanized, and replaced with a euphemism, like [word meaning "the thing itself"] as a euphemism for "this".

Reply begins:
To put it bluntly, you are a [word meaning nickname for "Richard"], you [word for device to poke a hole in a blister] [word meaning "illegitimate"]. You are [word meaning "dried soap in a ring around a bathtub] and the worst piece of [word meaning either "shoddily built items" "worthless information" or "excrement"] on the face of the [word meaning "engaging in sexual intercourse"] earth. Go [word meaning "sexual intercourse"] yourself sideways, you [word meaning "to be sent to hell by a deity"] [word meaning "effeminate male"].

Reply ends. Than you for using the Automated Response System. Have a nice day.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Your posts have been very bad lately, Paul. Everything alright over there?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Every offense I've taken from Pinback, could accurately be summed up as "Retro is a crazy, whiny bitch." So I got nothin'.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

He lost a lot of his fighting spirit after giving up food entirely.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

He's too skinny and too sober. Those are his faults

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Aardvark is the one we need to worry about. Retroromper has his good days and bad days but he's had them before and likely to get through them all as he has in the past. You know what really bothers me about 'Vark's condition? His last message, it had

NO PITHY TAGLINE FROM
AARDVARK

All he's been so regular in including them, I'm (almost) tempted to believe someone else posted it for him while he's in rehab for something.

Oh wait, this isn't the "what's wrong with Retro" base. This base is supposed to be about Pinback's faults. Okay, you either are or (possibly recently) have been: mean, rude, nasty, or insulting. Fair enough?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

it's such a pain to type on a tablet that sometimes i just dont want another hoop to jump through.
so i dont write a sig.

Maybe ill only just log in here on my desktop so i can capitalize and use all my fingers to write

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:49 am it's such a pain to type on a tablet that sometimes i just dont want another hoop to jump through.
so i dont write a sig.

Maybe ill only just log in here on my desktop so i can capitalize and use all my fingers to write
'Vark, you should say that. The first thing I do when posting from a phone or tablet is I put a warning at the bottom so others will know I might not be keeping up my postings to my usual (abysmal or nonexistent) level of quality, and that they will probably be shorter (to which they all cheer.).

You are preaching to the converted, however. Even though I have to do hunt-and-peck one letter at a time whether on PC or mobile, PC is easier because the keyboard I purchased is high contrast, but the Android on-screen keyboard has multi-characters for each key, so if you type "foot" a double character is treated as the alternate character, so you get "f9t". (You have to wait as long as a second between double letters to prevent triggering the replace character function.)

Also, the PC has speech recognition so it's possible for me to type on screen without using the keyboard, as I've done for this sentence.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.