Flack's Amiga Column

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack's Amiga Column

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I became officially aware of this tonight. Three articles, if you'd like to read our MVP's take on the Amiga at this website: https://www.everythingamiga.com/tag/flack
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: Flack's Amiga Column

Post by Tdarcos »

Having read the article and seen the demos, I kind of understand what is going on about Flack's nostalgia. I don't want to crowd in on Flack, as I think it deserves a separate thread which covers the subject in more detail: The Poverty of Our Wealth.

Flack's article was a good story.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

This is fucking awesome and making be bite myself to prevent from bidding on Amiga 500 and up.

I like how your experience initially was through a friend with one as was mine.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Thanks, all. I kind of got drafted to write articles on an Amiga-centric site, and not being all that versed in the Amiga itself, that was the angle I came up with. I'm hoping to use the opportunity to delve into the Amiga's catalog a bit and write some reviews and thoughts. It will be tough to find things to play as those guys have been releasing weekly podcasts for around five years, so a lot of the more common games have already been covered.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

I saw that there is a game called "Asteroids II" that was released on the Amiga. I saw it on some of the retro guys' Twitter feeds that we follow. Maybe it's all the rage. I don't know. But I would love someone to tackle the game.

And if you want someone to try out the game Brattacas with, that would be a gold mine, there is a lot of history there and the way they screwed up the controls is something I have never seen before or sense. Like maybe the angle could be the largest incongruity between how cool your friend makes a game sound versus actually playing it. (I'd still like to implement that game correctly.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack has another article up about Battlechess. Blank bump!

https://www.everythingamiga.com/2020/11 ... chess.html

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Great article Flack! I loved Battlechess.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Thanks. So far on their site I've covered three Amiga games: Battle Chess, Tass Times in Tonetown, and the appropriately named AAARGH!, along with the three "flashback" articles I wrote. https://www.everythingamiga.com/tag/flack

The guys that run that site are also the hosts of the popular Amigos Podcast, and run a YouTube channel called AmigosRetroGaming, which I have been contributing to. Here is a link to the main page. If you click on Playlists, I have my own there called Sprite Castle Plays. I was originally only uploading C64 game footage, but branched out a little over the past week with Rogue and VideoKid. At a minimum, I'll be streaming one game a week -- a C64 game on the weeks I release my C64 podcast (Sprite Castle), and a non-C64 game on the weeks I release You Don't Know Flack. That seems like a lot of work after typing all that up.

Main YT Page: https://www.youtube.com/c/AmigosRetroGaming
Click on "Playlists" and "Sprite Castle Plays" to see my stuff.

I'm working on setting up a set schedule for Twitch streaming -- no more than one day a week, for an hour or so. I've done two streams over the past two days and gained four Patreon subscribers, so it's definitely exposing me to a new audience.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."