Webshit I Hate

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Webshit I Hate

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

First up is LASTPASS

Here's what I hate about LastPass.

1. The toast that comes up when you do things is presented right over the fucking search bar when you try to find anything.
2. I tried to use a "Shared Folder" which for most stuff is what you want - credentials that anyone can change because there's shared accounts and vendor shit going on. Could I make a Shared Folder? Could I? The one useful thing it might do in a corporate setting?

Of fucking course not.

And I will not get into how many times you have to do a hard browser refresh on LastPass to see anything.

I fucking hate it and it's in my "Bottom 10" of worst programs of all time.

Jolt Country, what webshit do YOU hate?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Webshit I Hate

If you ever get an email from someone, Outlook keeps the email address around as a suggestion.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... 9f3f0cc1c8

That's right. You can't delete email addresses and stop them from being suggested in Outlook, which is WEBSHIT.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:31 am First up is LASTPASS

Here's what I hate about LastPass.

1. The toast that comes up when you do things is presented right over the fucking search bar when you try to find anything.
2. I tried to use a "Shared Folder" which for most stuff is what you want - credentials that anyone can change because there's shared accounts and vendor shit going on. Could I make a Shared Folder? Could I? The one useful thing it might do in a corporate setting?

Of fucking course not.

And I will not get into how many times you have to do a hard browser refresh on LastPass to see anything.

I fucking hate it and it's in my "Bottom 10" of worst programs of all time.

Jolt Country, what webshit do YOU hate?
The font LastPass uses for shared notes does not differentiate between 1 and l, and it doesn't put the cross through the 0 character.

I mean, the one thing that HAS to have the letters look different because people are typing our passwords.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Am I missing something, or is the only way to view a thing to click "edit", even if you just want to look at it? Which since it's LastPass, is what you want to do 99.23% of the time?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, you have to hit edit. You have to hit edit to get your password and then you have to click in the area and then take direction to get your stupid password.

Ice Cream Jonsey

They're gonna pass on changing the font so you can, you know, differentiate between the characters when you have to type in a password. They will never, ever take a single step on this.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

What I hate is how the two tweets above have not loaded after more than 30 seconds, showing nothing but "Loading tweet..." and giving you the bird.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

What I hate is how the two tweets above have not loaded after more than 30 seconds, showing nothing but "Loading tweet..." and giving you the bird. It's Twiller not responding, this BBS not invoking it correctly, or Firefox failing to load it, or some or all of these. This is webshit.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 pm Yes, you have to hit edit.
So the only way to view what is presumably very important, secure information is to press the only button that could potentially result in modifying/corrupting the data if a cat jumped on the keyboard.

That is so obviously terrible that I think we must have missed something. We have to have missed something. There has to be a way to view stuff without editing it. Right? Doesn't there have to?!?!!?!!?!?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 pm Yes, you have to hit edit.
So the only way to view what is presumably very important, secure information is to press the only button that could potentially result in modifying/corrupting the data if a cat jumped on the keyboard.

That is so obviously terrible that I think we must have missed something. We have to have missed something. There has to be a way to view stuff without editing it. Right? Doesn't there have to?!?!!?!!?!?
Should we.... ask them? I feel they are getting away with this because everyone assumes they have it wrong.