Roommates I have known

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Roommates I have known

Post by Tdarcos »

This posting will just cover roommates in this facility. I may talk about roommates I had when I was renting a room at a later time.

1. Mr. Wilson. Negro, probably 70 or so. Didn't talk much. Got into a fight with Don from down the hall (the guy I thought I had lost as a friend) when he thought Don was sleeping with his wife. Would go into Don's room and steal his clothes, specifically personalized T-Shirts. Got removed to another floor when he threatened Don for hiding Wilson's wife under Don's bed. Don humorously suggested if Wilson asked me to say that I was hiding his wife under my bed too. Here probably 6 months.

2. John Cooper. White, probably 60-70. Got mad about being able to see my junk, at one point grabbed out of my hand my $19.95 Nifty Nabber, a green 36" aluminum grab stick used to pick up items, and smashed it on the bed board at the foot of the bed, bending it in half. I hadn't done anything wrong, and I refused to move. (When they earlier had moved me and him out to be quarantined due to testing positive for COVID-19, and the room cleaned, some of my stuff got lost.) They kept a regular watch on him for the next few days, it wasn't enough. One time he was filling a bucket of water, which I thought was to flush the toilet (we had been having water problems). It wasn't. I was unaware I did not have a sheet covering me below the waist, he saw my junk and threw the water on me. I was livid (and soaked). I was ready to call the police, but they convinced me not to. So I told them to move him by the end of the day. I have done nothing wrong, if he had said something I'd have fixed it. So I'm not moving. "Either he's gone (they remove him) or I'll make him gone (I'll call the police and press charges.)" I spoke about this earlier. Here probably 9 months.

3. Mr. Gomez. Hispanic, probably 55-60. Apparently had about the memory capacity equivalent to Tom from 50 First Dates in which Mr. Gomez would ask me what day of the week it was. 4-5 times in the same day. While he spoke ordinary English, when he went to the calendar and counted off the days, he would do so in Spanish, which is why I think he was Hispanic. Either went home or was moved to another facility. Here about 3 months.

4. Leslie Rouse, 59 (his birthday is the 23rd), white. Is a corrupting influence. Likes to say "that's what she said," whenever an innocent remark is made that can be taken as innuendo. Has gotten me started making raunchy comments. In the first day he was here, we spoke more to each other than I did to all three of the others combined in the entire time they were here. He has a severe speech impediment (cleft palate), drooling (actually it's more like drainage) and a large wound on his face (he says it looks like a ball sack.) Was involved in a shooting competition as an instructor but made a small mistake and his face was in the way when a round in a rifle exploded. He was a Navy corpsman and later a Paramedic EMT in Virginia Beach before the accident. He and I have fun discussing things, and he's told me stories, plus I tell him mine. My biggest mistake was introducing him to my Ritz cheese cracker sandwiches; he's just as addicted to them as I am. I can't really complain, it's probably a couple packs a day, and he does help me out when I have problems, like dropping things, wanting the A/C turned on, and he'll even empty my urinal without my having to ask. This saves me time as calling for someone can take as much as 45 minutes. On occasion, he's helped when I'm being changed, he'll stand on the other side of the bed, holding me sideways, so I can be cleaned (and won't fall) when the aide has trouble finding another aide to help (I weigh 300+ pounds) He's been here about a month - six weeks..
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Re: Roommates I have known

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 pmNegro
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Wouldn't it be weird if Commander was like the guy in A Beautiful Mind and nobody else could see his roommates but him?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Regardless of how he reads the calendar, I believe your assumption that Mr. Gomez is Hispanic is right on target.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.