MONTH OF FURY (9/20 - 10/19)

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

MONTH OF FURY (9/20 - 10/19)

Post by pinback »

I recently hit 200 pounds again, this time coming from the other direction.

With a new job starting tomorrow, this is a great time to remove any remaining negative influences and habits and get everything in tippy-top shape. And get back to 190.

It's the MONTH OF FURY!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: MONTH OF FURY (9/20 - 10/19)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

That sounds great. Can we support each other? I lost a bunch of weight and got to 236. I'd love to see the scale say "224" in a month. I feel I can do this if I have the support of one of the DOERS around life. Can this be a Wonder Twin thing??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Everyone is welcome to join the...

MONTH OF FURY!!!

I believe DJ Larry is also joining us, but he will likely be out, Kramer-style, by 3 PM tomorrow.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

They weighed me a while ago and i was around 332. Then a while later (probably 3-4 months) i was a whopping 394! I'd gained waaay too much weight by eating snacks. So stopped everything; all candy, all cookies, all crackers.

I think it was a month or two later, because I was 377. I'd lost 17 pounds! An advantage fat people have in losing weight, if their body doesn't trigger "starvation mode," where it becomes even more efficient in storing calories, is that extra weight requires a lot of calories itself, just to sustain the infrastructure to hold onto it. Reduce calorie intake, and the body consumes itself for fuel to make up the difference. That is how you lose weight. (Short of the "20 second weight loss plan," otherwise known as limb amputation, which is not recommended.)

So I am allowing a small amount of treats back into my life. If I find I'm gaining weight or not losing at a reasonable pace (1/2 to 3/4 lb per week), then I'll cut all of them out. I wouldn't even have them around at all if I hadn't stupidly left an auto subscription with Amazon on, and they delivered 5 cases of cookies and 1 case of Ritz cheese cracker sandwiches that I can't cancel delivery for. I have made sure all subscriptions have been terminated.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

The best weight loss maneuver you could try would be Jack in the Box takeout, after which you will immediately and without fail projectile vomit.

The answer has been in front of you the entire time.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:33 pmThat is how you lose weight.
Man, you and Finsternis should do a podcast where you teach weight loss techniques!

Flack

Post by Flack »

"Three Legs and a Baby Gut."
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

"...was my nickname in college!"

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's the start of candy season, I cant join in the Month of Fury.

If it was the month of FUNSIZE then maybe I'd be on board.

THE
BOWL FULL OF
TEMPTATION
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 pm The best weight loss maneuver you could try would be Jack in the Box takeout, after which you will immediately and without fail projectile vomit.

The answer has been in front of you the entire time.
1. Jack in the Box is a west-coast franchise; they do not have them here.
2. I couldn't get to one.
3. I have yet to hear of any cases of this happening, there is one (1) video of someone vomiting Jack in the Box food on YouTube, and he's intentionally making himself do it. There are also zero on TikTok. Now, please explain to me, in this "cancel culture" environment, where just about anyone wants to crucify a person or company for misconduct; where everybody has a phone that takes video and sound everywhere they go; why nobody is releasing videos complaining of involuntary projectile vomiting after eating Jack in the Box food? Why is there media silence about this? It won't cut it to claim that on YouTube (a) videos showing vomiting are usually suppressed, as there are more than 270,000; (b) videos showing projectile vomiting are usually suppressed, as there are more than 2,500; (c) videos criticizing Jack in the Box are usually suppressed, as there are "OVER 9,000!" You propose to tell me there are no YouTubers experiencing involuntary projectile vomiting from eating Jack in the Box food? No TikTokers either?

I'll add this item: In a 2015 article in Food Poison Journal, Marler Clark, a law firm that specializes in suing restaurants and restaurant chains for food safety issues, and is suing Chipotle for this very thing, had this to say: “The proof is in the fact that Jack in the Box has never had a major foodborne illness outbreak since 1993,” said Marler. “And I’ve never sued them. That, to me, is high praise.”
https://www.foodpoisonjournal.com/foodb ... 6-lawsuit/

I call total bullshit on the claim that Jack in the Box food routinely causes projectile vomiting in not just most, but all customers. Or even half. Or even 25%. Where is your evidence? As the saying goes, "pics, or it didn't happen." Put up or shut up!
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

You said you found a video of it happening but you also say pics or it didn't happen? It happened!!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 pm 1. Jack in the Box is a west-coast franchise; they do not have them here.
This is what happens when you only read the first line or two on Wikipedia.

There are Jack in the Box locations in Ohio (where Pinback is), Tennessee (where Pinback was), Colorado (where ICJ is), and Oklahoma (where I am). If any of those cities are on the west coast, I'll eat two of their tacos... which I was gonna do anyway.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am There are Jack in the Box locations in Ohio (where Pinback is), Tennessee (where Pinback was), Colorado (where ICJ is), and Oklahoma (where I am).
Also Maryland (where Tdarcos is).

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 pm 1. Jack in the Box is a west-coast franchise; they do not have them here.

I did ZERO reading on Wikipedia, because, as far as I know, Wikipediia does not list number of YouTube videos on a particular subject.
Flack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am There are Jack in the Box locations in Ohio (where Pinback is), Tennessee (where Pinback was), Colorado (where ICJ is), and Oklahoma (where I am). If any of those cities are on the west coast, I'll eat two of their tacos... which I was gonna do anyway.
Well, Flack, if I had bothered to read Wikipedia on the subject of Jack in the Box, I would certainly have read more than the first sentence, i would have read at least the first paragraph (as I did for the first time when I wrote this) which states it is primarily a west-coast chain, with additional locations in. followed by about 30 cities including Houston, Oklahoma City, and Nashville. Thus, I would have known I was wrong.

I'll admit it, I was wrong. I'm not stupid enough to base an opinion on a mere reading of the first sentence of a Wikipedia article, and ignore facts that would show I am in error.

But that error is irrelevant to the statement being made.

The red herring of focusing on the location of stores of JITB ignores "the elephant in the center of the room" of this conversation. The point is, there is a complete absence of any evidence whatsoever of large-scale projectile vomiting by Jack in the Box food consumers. Zero reports.

"Standard claims require standard evidence; extraordinary claims require ordinary evidence. Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence."

As no evidence of projectile vomiting by Jack in the Box food consumers at all has been presented, I dismiss this claim as completely bogus and without merit.

When someone here can produce credible evidence of such events, please feel free to present it, and at that time then claim it is happening.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

On a side note, for anyone wanting it in "plain ol' Galveston English," the statement "I dismiss this claim as completely bogus and without merit," translates to, "What you just said is pure bullshit."
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Flack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am

I did ZERO reading on Wikipedia, because, as far as I know, Wikipediia does not list number of YouTube videos on a particular subject.
Flack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 am There are Jack in the Box locations in Ohio (where Pinback is), Tennessee (where Pinback was), Colorado (where ICJ is), and Oklahoma (where I am). If any of those cities are on the west coast, I'll eat two of their tacos... which I was gonna do anyway.
Well, Flack, if I had bothered to read Wikipedia on the subject of Jack in the Box, I would certainly have read more than the first sentence, i would have read at least the first paragraph (as I did for the first time when I wrote this) which states it is primarily a west-coast chain, with additional locations in. followed by about 30 cities including Houston, Oklahoma City, and Nashville. Thus, I would have known I was wrong.

I'll admit it, I was wrong. I'm not stupid enough to base an opinion on a mere reading of the first sentence of a Wikipedia article, and ignore facts that would show I am in error.

But that error is irrelevant to the statement being made.

The red herring of focusing on the location of stores of JITB ignores "the elephant in the center of the room" of this conversation. The point is, there is a complete absence of any evidence whatsoever of large-scale projectile vomiting by Jack in the Box food consumers. Zero reports.

"Standard claims require standard evidence; extraordinary claims require ordinary evidence. Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence."

As no evidence of projectile vomiting by Jack in the Box food consumers at all has been presented, I dismiss this claim as completely bogus and without merit.

When someone here can produce credible evidence of such events, please feel free to present it, and at that time then claim it is happening.
I didn't read all of this but I did skim it to make sure it said "I was wrong," which it did. A+.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The parent company which owns Jack In The Box has been systematically covering up all incidents of projectile vomiting. There's rumors of men wearing black suits that show up every time someone posts about it on social media. Because Jolt Country is under the radar they haven't found out we are actively discussing this topic.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 am The parent company which owns Jack In The Box has been systematically covering up all incidents of projectile vomiting. There's rumors of men wearing black suits that show up every time someone posts about it on social media. Because Jolt Country is under the radar they haven't found out we are actively discussing this topic.
"I dismiss this claim as completely bogus and without merit." :cool:
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Officially down 10 pounds since my high point in mid-August and I have the stomach-clenching and world famous gastro-machinations of Jack in the Box to thank for it!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Down four since the beginning of the MONTH OF FURY. Knockin' out the last six should be as easy as throwing a baby into a dumpster.