In Memory of Andrea Louisa Anders, 5/28/1969 - 12/1/2010

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

In Memory of Andrea Louisa Anders, 5/28/1969 - 12/1/2010

Post by Tdarcos »

I noticed an email in my box today:
Date: Wed, Dec 1 [2021] at 7:34 AM
To: paul@paul-robinson.us
Subject: Remembering Andrea Anders.

Dear Family and Friends of Andrea Anders,

Being remembered matters. The message you shared in Andrea's Guest Book was meaningful. On the anniversary of Andrea's passing, share another memory or condolence and help others hold Andrea a little closer in their hearts.

Click Here to Add to the Guest Book
See what other people have posted
And on the Eulogy Page. her obituary:
LAKEWOOD, Colo. - Andrea Louisa Anders, 45, died Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010.
Memorial Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at First Christian Church in Scottsbluff.
Memorials may be made to Mother Cabrini Shrine, Colorado.
Andrea was born May 28, 1965, in Scottsbluff. She attended Scottsbluff High School and at 19, she relocated to Omaha and engaged in a variety of work, including medical transcriptionist at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Andrea married and divorced Innocent Ohalete in the 1980s.
In 1991, Andrea moved to Denver. She continued as a medical transcriptionist at Rose Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente. Health problems prevented her from continuing. In the 1990s, she volunteered as a Victims Advocate with the Commerce City Police Department. She attended Red Rocks Community College.
Andrea loved her artwork; mountains; water; trees; dogs and cats, especially kitty Lilly; righting perceived wrongs; time with loved ones; traveling; and pursuing spiritual matters. She met the love of her life, Tom Ely, in 2004.
Survivors include her partner Tom Ely, Lakewood, Colo.; mother, Mary E. (Cotton) Anders, Nebraska; father, Dale E. Anders, Florida; siblings, Kevin Anders, Wyoming, Tisa M. Anders, Colorado; Aunt Edna Cotton, Colorado; and nieces, Kristina Miller, Wyoming, Jessica Anders, Wyoming.

In the eulogy page, I posted the following:
I was a close friend of Andrea. I had known her for 14 years, and although we never had the chance to meet in person, we were probably the closest friends two people could be. I consider myself the most privileged person, as I had the luck to meet the best friend I ever had.

11 Years ago Tom called to tell me my dear friend Andrea had died. I was in tears and I broke down and bawled, knowing I would never her from my friend again, nor ever learn any more from the person I knew and cared for. I am reminded of a phrase I read in a book, "Down to a sunless sea," whert a character said, "I will forget them soon, but will love them forever." And it applies to Andrea.

I think of her sometimes, when I do, it is always with fondness, sometimes with sadness, but always with love. One time I wrote her to tell her about something that had happened to me, by saying, , "You are, primus inter pares, my friend" And she always was. She was family to me as much as I was to her. She told me things "that she wouldn't even tell her toothbrush," meaning there are things she shared with me that she would never tell anyone else. And I will take them to my grave. I loved her totally, unconditionally, despite knowwing many of her flaws. As she knew mine.

I love you, Andrea. Goodnye, and fareweill.
Paul Robinson <paul@paul-robinson.us>
I could say more things, but I'll leave it at that.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

bryanb

Re: In Memory of Andrea Louisa Anders, 5/28/1969 - 12/1/2010

Post by bryanb »

Andrea sounds like she was an amazing woman. I know you talk about her often. Just the fact that her obituary page is still getting comments a decade later says a lot. She's doing way better than most of my deceased relatives. Keep right on kicking their asses, Andrea!

Do you ever talk to her sister, partner, or other people who knew her?