CONTACT LENSES!!!!!! OMG

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

CONTACT LENSES!!!!!! OMG

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I haven't had correct peripheral vision since I was 15. But I got contact lenses today. While putting them in for the first time my eyes got so watery and red it was as if I had just come back from a Greek funeral. But now they seem okay in that regard.

The laser surgery bit for near-sightedness is intriguing, all except for that part where a knife cuts the top off your eye off and then that flap is bent back so a nice level surface is there for the laser. That's somewhat below average. If I were to go through with that, it would have to be done in a sauana because I would otherwise be chilled to the bone in horror. Horror I tell you!!

So this is a nice alternative, so far. I am only supposed to wear them for four hours the first day. I am completely aware that there are little lenses on my eyes at this point. I guess you get used to them quickly, though.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

It's annoying when you first get contacts after having worn glasses for years though. I found when I got my first set of contacts at 15, after having worn glasses since 7 that I lost the reflex blink until I got readjusted, so I would constantly get random bits of flying debris in my eyes.
And then there's the first night you fall asleep with your contacts still in accidentally- massive headache the next day but you awaken and "I can see, it's a miracle! Oh, wait, the contacts are in, DAMN IT".
From what I understand the laser surgery is purely laser now, not scalpels peeling back the lense, just lasers. A friend of mine will be getting it done shortly, I'm going to see how well it works for him and then possibly have it done, just for the sheer simplicity of not having to squint to see the time on the alarm clock at night, and or to wake up and see! And sunglasses... and swimming.... and sex... and all the fun things you miss out on seeing properly when you have glasses.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Do you recall how much a bottle of saline solution goes for? I haven't had to buy any yet (they gave me two bottles that contained 2 fluid ounces) but it occured to me that they could be quite expensive, and I'd have no idea. I've been going through the stuff like mad as it's so dry out here. Okay, I confess that I've also been drinking it straight as well, but that's just because it's so blasted yummy! I'm quite confident that going through it like Pepsi is safe as the internet currently contains no lies.

This site seems to have it for as low as $2.99 for 12 fl oz which (I'm guessing here) is reasonable. Dunno for sure, though.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

Depends on the brand and purpose, there's generic saline solution which is pretty cheap, $2 a bottle or so, and then there's stuff like Bausche and Lomb cleaner, decalicifying, bla bla bla stuff that's like $7 something a bottle. As long as you actually clean your contacts reasonably regularily, and use the tablets like you're supposed to you should be okay with regular saline.

-LG
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Saline solution; get the no-rub formula, if it's ok with your eyes.
just pop them out and into the container each night. shit, theres a lot of times I dont even wash my hands at night before removing them, too tired. Next day they are fresh as a Vermont virgin. I can usually get my eye doctor ( too lazy to look up the word op-tom-o-tryst) to hook me up with 2 months worth of saline when I go for exams each year.

THE
SHARPER IMAGE
AARDVARK