The edit-able house thread

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Re: The edit-able house thread

Post by AArdvark »

Update: patio is moving along

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's mostly cooking oil in Afghanistan.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I think thats a Ben and Jerry joke

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

A setback! Due to material supply problems our new siding will not be installed until late February/March. I'm in no hurry.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Almost done. Just have to run the tamper over the rocks to settle them into the sand and then put that stuff down. I forget the name, it sets like cement or something. My nephew is doimg most of the work, he knows what he's doing. I just write the check and appreciate his knowledge.

Gonna be hot tubbin' soon!

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

I'm happy to say that the closing for the land in VT was on Friday. We are now the owners of 30 beautiful wooded acres. Yay. Now comes the task of trying to get a house built while simultaneously trying to pack, move, and sell the current place - all in the current insanity of the real estate sector. Whee. Gotta call the architect, surveyor, engineer, lawyer, contractor, modular dealer...
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Can you harvest maple syrup? I buy syrup from a place in Vermont and it's awesome!

Flack

Post by Flack »

The only time I spent in Vermont was during our Niagara Falls / Maine vacation, which (I think) is when I met Aardvark and his wife in Rochester for a garbage plate and then went down to the beach for some ice cream. In Vermont we found a great shop that had lots of Vermont Maple Syrup and, surprisingly, a ton of hot sauce.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 am Can you harvest maple syrup? I buy syrup from a place in Vermont and it's awesome!
Vermont maple syrup is the best. We probably don't have enough stands of maple on our property to make it worthwhile (or a sugaring shack), but we don't really need to because everyone else in the state does and you can't travel 100 meters without passing 3 place that have the local stuff for sale.

If you want the best treat ever, go to a sugaring shack that's in process, grab a ladle full of hot maple, step outside, and pour it on the snow. Consume. That is all.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

First hot tub dip.....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Sitting in 101 degree water while sipping a martini and having snowflakes drift onto your head is bliss. Getting out, covering the hot tub and scampering up the stairs wet and naked in a bathing suit in mid December is fucking cold!

THE POLAR
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:14 pm scampering up the stairs wet and naked in a bathing suit in mid December is fucking cold!

THE POLAR
AARDVARK
I think you meant

THE POLAR BEAR CLUB
AARDVARK
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:42 am
AArdvark wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:14 pm scampering up the stairs wet and naked in a bathing suit in mid December is fucking cold!

THE POLAR
AARDVARK
I think you meant

THE POLAR BEAR CLUB
AARDVARK
No, that would mean he was bathing in ice-cold water.

- THE TECHNICALLY CORRECT BUT UNFUNNY JIZABOZ
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Painted the bathroom. Again. Third time in seven years.

Sigh....

It looks nice though

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

LOL who wears a bathing suit in a hot tub?? Is your name Melvin or Poindexter by any chance? 🤣

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

odyssia76 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 pm
LOL who wears a bathing suit in a hot tub?? Is your name Melvin or Poindexter by any chance? 🤣
I am glad you returned.

I apologize for the way you've been treated in some threads. Know that I do NOT approve of that.

I will never say anything serious again, thank you for indulging me here. You are a valued member of this community, odyssia76 .
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:46 pm I am glad you returned.
It's awful sweet that you guys seem to think if I'm gone for a while that you have chased me away, but I say again it just has to do with how busy I am and how I feel like spending my time. Sometimes I will do computer interaction with people every day for a week. Sometimes I can go 3 weeks and not think about it.

I appreciate your good manners and Tdarcos' chivalry, but guys - I can handle a bar full of drunken bikers at a wet T-shirt contest, soon think I can handle an occasional peevish word in a forum. I have a thick skin and don't bruise easy.

Thank you for your kind words, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I feel welcome and accepted.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

odyssia76 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 pm
The wife and I agree with this.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

We bought one of those assemble-it- yourself wine racks. It came with it's own assembly tools (a hex wrench). Unfortunately all the fasteners are philips head screws.

This makes me smile and smile

Edit: instructions were shit too

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Update! New siding starts Tuesday. The contractor is already dropping off his scaffolding and accoutrements. Yay! He's doing most of the work himself as he has trouble finding a good/steady crew.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Ohh, the CAD drawings for the pool at the new house came in and I can't stop looking at them. Hopefully the floor plans will be done next week! And soon the loggers will begin clearing the driveway and home site. And since they get to keep the lumber it defray the cost. Will need to come up with a long term logging rotation.