Serena Williams retiring AND using that for bullshit gender whining

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Serena Williams retiring AND using that for bullshit gender whining

Post by Casual Observer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis ... 65a978eea5

I don't care much about sports and only care a little about gender politics but this article just bugged the fuck out of me. Serena Williams is CHOOSING to retire at 45 to grow her family but for what I can only imagine is publicity whoring wants to make it about gender politics. "If I were a man I wouldn't have to make this choice". Bullshit.

She goes on to whine that if she were someone like Tom Brady then she could be out winning championships while her wife does the labor of running the family. Lets get this straight, a famous tennis superstar worth over $250 Million who is married to the founder of Reddit, is claiming that they can't afford domestic help? She's already had one kid 4 years ago, why was she not whining about having to take off time then? She's lumping herself in with all the women who aren't as rich and famous as her that actually do have to make career choices over procreation.

Really? You have to quit because society makes women make those choices and not men? Sure its not because you're 45 and your bones and joints can't take bouncing your heavy frame back and forth all day?

I don't care that her doing this actually hurts the cause she's "fighting for" but it pisses me off seeing celebrities doing this kind of crap for attention.

AArdvark

Re: Serena Williams retiring AND using that for bullshit gender whining

Post by AArdvark »

She's a cheese eating attention toad!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Why is the Reddit dickhead not helping? Literally the guy spends all day on Reddit. He's got time.

What a fuckstick. How are you married to a tennis pro and yet still somehow don't know the meaning of love?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I like women sports but I sure don’t give a shit about this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻