All black metal aside from Darkthrone and Burzum sucks

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

All black metal aside from Darkthrone and Burzum sucks

Post by Jizaboz »

As the subject says.

You are allowed to add things such as the following in a "Well this one band had one good song" sort of way.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Re: All black metal aside from Darkthrone and Burzum sucks

Post by Jizaboz »

Alllll hail to Satan!!
Sinister duke of gloat!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

In this Burzum song, Varg Vikernes basically says "Actually, Jesus Christ had a lawful evil alignment."

Edit: Every time I even START to see a humanoid figure go to raise up a horn in a fashion shown on the album cover here in ELDEN RING, that's a death sentence for the horn-blower.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Here is part 1 the Darkthrone songs that my IFmud chat arrive/leave messages ripped off! I want to say I've had these coming and going messages since 2012.

And here is part II

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hey Flack!

Finally watching Before the Light Takes us! I’ve heard most of the Varg clips already but there is a lot of good stuff here. I like that they feature Darkthrone songs such as “In the Shadow of the Horns” and how they continue to make the Mayhem lead look like he encouraged Dead to kill himself then took pics of him once they did so. The asshole that took the pics still talks about it in a humorous fashion. It is said that dude from Mayhem “joked” about death threats all the time. I’m still in the camp of Varg prevented this guy from not only harming him but others as well. Also, if Varg went there with the intention of murder he would have brought more than a small pocket knife given his infatuation with creating medieval armaments.

Fenriz does an excellent job here. While I agree with a lot of what Varg has to say and I consider him to be a very smart man, as a person I’m definitely more like Fenriz.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

The book Lords of Chaos is better and does into more detail about the deaths and church burnings, but of course doesn't include the personal interviews with the artists, which makes Before the Light interesting. It's a musical genre that I don't really get, but you can't deny those guys are passionate about what they believe in.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 am The book Lords of Chaos is better and does into more detail about the deaths and church burnings, but of course doesn't include the personal interviews with the artists, which makes Before the Light interesting. It's a musical genre that I don't really get, but you can't deny those guys are passionate about what they believe in.
I do need to read that. I heard the movie based on it is really corny, but the book is worth reading. Just out of curiosity, why don't you "get" this genre? Like does it all just sound like noise? (Like "nu-metal" does to me and rap does to Vaark) Does it leave you with feeling of sadness or negativity? Or, is it more of a "I just don't care for it" thing? I'm not trying to jab at you at all, just genuinely curious.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'm not into black metal. I don't think it sucks, but it doesn't do much for me. However, The Black Satans are the exception. They only have like 3 or 4 songs, but I think they're pretty great!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RealNC wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:48 am I'm not into black metal. I don't think it sucks, but it doesn't do much for me. However, The Black Satans are the exception. They only have like 3 or 4 songs, but I think they're pretty great!

Right! Like I watched the video and the video itself if amusing, but I couldn't get into the music.. probably because they are mocking. I take it they are mocking? (A question ICJ would also ask)

"It doesn't do much for me" is an answer I get a lot. I wonder if Flack has something in the same vein.. though there is nothing wrong with that answer at all. I grew up in a mountain town in NC, where country music and AC/DC basically made up 70% of everything you heard everywhere you went aside from 80s pop at skating rinks, arcades, or pool parties hosted by chicks or waterparks. Popular country music drives against every bit of my being.

I absolutely love this style of music but again.. only by less bands than I can count on the fingers of one hand.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

This band was my "gateway drug" into black metal. I heard them at Eastern Vert skatepark when I was 12-13 and wondered who the hell it was. By that time it was known as "King Diamond".

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Some people go to church, some find their own path, some know there's no fucking ice giants still walking around and hail Odin.

The laugh sound in this track is fucking awesome. Reminds me of playing with the Snake Mountain microphone!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Because Pinback asked me the other day about my thoughts on King Diamond. (Mercyful Fate is basically the same thing)

Midnight, Emercia (used that name for a DnD NPC heh), Blue Eyes, etc.. this album (well, the first half anyway) is a fine example of King Diamond and an excellent album for this time of year near Halloween.

"I'm thinking baaaack in tiiiime.. to when they were still alive! Free of miseryyyyy! Oh, but it was never to be!" (Midnight)

"How strange it is.. to see.. a life that slips away. How strange it is.. in darkness BLOOD IS BLACK NOT RED." (Emercia)

"I open, my eyes, I can barely see a thing. All the teaaaars in my eyeeees. Some please say it's a dream!" (Blue Eyes)

"I hear the master's voice. Magic words from ancient times! I'm feeling strange inside.. oohhh I feel something has taken my mind." (The Ritual)

And more from the early Merciful Fate days:

Pure fucking 1980s Metal Blade Satanic thrash!

"Iiiiiiiiii... I'm a corpse without soul! Satannnn!!! has taken me downnnnn!!! Tonight I'm going to hell; INSIDE A SPELL"

True early black metal is indeed a bit dark but it's a lot of fun heh-heh
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

And some of my favorite dankest of the dank by Darkthrone

"The urge, so strong!
To do the Devil's work.
The flock of Jesus Christ;
I will rape your souls
'Til you see the Devil clear"

"NOW YOU FILTHY CUNTS, DO YOU SEE THE MOON?!"

Hahahahaha Blackwinged!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The chonky guy from Resident Evil should be in a black metal video.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

StephaneF

Post by StephaneF »

I recorded that shit when I was 20. Roast me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtzE22yWOTs

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Huh.

Not something you would hear in an elevator.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

It's not awful, just wish there was a little less noise because I hear some really cool tones underneath. Which, hey man the recordings I ripped from my old band roughly 20 years ago sound like potato.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:08 pm The chonky guy from Resident Evil should be in a black metal video.
Hah yeah he was the first thing I thought of when I heard the Duke of Gloat song. Ironically, his name in the game is "the Duke".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

A-hahahahaaaa!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 am A-hahahahaaaa!

I watched this without sound (heh)

I've seen his stripes and I know HE'S CLEAN.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻