OKC Thunder [2016-2017]

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

OKC Thunder [2016-2017]

Post by Flack »

In this thread, we will be tracking YOUR 6th seed Oklahoma City Thunder as they make their way through the NBA's Western Conference and hopefully reach the NBA finals!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Seattle

Post by Seattle »

Fuck the Sonic's and the Shultz they rode out on.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It isn't looking good for the Thunder right now. On the other hand, you get to enjoy more playoff sports than I will any time soon.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

The Thunder have been knocked out of the first round of the playoffs by the Houston Rockets.

This has been YOUR 6th seed Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2016-2017 NBA finals.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Despite spending more than any other team and recruiting a group of veritable superstars, the Golden State Warriors failed to take home the trophy in this year's NBA finals.

Just kidding. The Warriors and their pre-trophy trophy (Kevin Durant) went undefeated for twelve games through the western conference finals, and only gave up one game to LeBron James and his Cavaliers in the finals. In May, ESPN referred to James as "the undeniable MVP of the finals." NBA.com had the following to say:

“Playoff LeBronâ€￾ isn’t just a thing in this 2017 postseason – it’s a hashtag. It’s a force. It’s a movement, and it might as well be a cyborg, calling to mind time-traveler Reese’s frantic warning about Terminator Arnold: It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity or remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop – ever – until you are dead!

Cleveland went 12-1 on their way to the finals.

The Warriors beat them 4-1 in the finals.

The Warriors are like that scene in Superman II, where Superman regains his powers and goes back to that diner to beat up that trucker. What fun is watching a team of superstars plow through the entire field? I guess we'll find out over the next few years.