What is it about the Saints that bring out the worst in opposing kickers?

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

What is it about the Saints that bring out the worst in opposing kickers?

Post by pinback »

I mean, Suisham was bad, but...

They HAVE to put that dude on a bus, right? I figure he's already on a bus.

I was waiting for the camera to pick him up being given a bus pass right there on the broadcast.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: What is it about the Saints that bring out the worst in opposing kickers?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's dark in the dome. Seriously. I don't know what it is, but it's not well-lit in there.

That's gotta fuck with a guy's eyes at some point. I mean, I can't do my job if the monitor is out.

... Brotha just needed some more lumens.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I guess this can just be the NFL thread for the year.

I don't particularly enjoy watching the games any more. My wife leaves the house. I get nothing done. If they lose my mood is actually foul. If they win.... if they beat the teams they are supposed to beat, who cares? None of what I went through it enjoyable.

I watch mostly out of obligation. A week ago, our guy tackled their QB after he threw the ball, the same play that has happened a zillion times in NFL history. They threw a flag because of the "new rule." The NFL came out and said it was mistake after the game. Today, our guy throws the ball away, their guy takes two steps and shoves our dude... nothing. Two wrongs don't make a right, but come the fuck on. They've had over 75 seasons to get the kinks out.

I dunno. I used to know all the starting skill players. Each and every one. I knew a good percentage of the offensive linemen and defensive players. Then they started screwing with the draft, then they made up some bullshit to fuck with my team... I dunno.

I'm also in two fantasy leagues and I lose most every week. We have a "keeper" system so if there's 12 owners in the league and they keep 3 players, that's the top 36 guys off the board. It's not impossible to crawl your way out of shittiness, but I can't do it.

It reminds me of how Flack felt when he got rid of his arcade games. It's fun to be the arcade guy. Nobody cares about the guy that used to own a lot of games. I honestly don't know much about any team other than mine at this point. And I'm fine with that, I am totally fine with that. If you asked me who is playing WR for the Redskins or the Colts I couldn't name one guy on either team. It has been fun to be the guy that knows everything about the Saints. I just don't care any more. And I'd figure out a way to watch the games taped but that seems dumb if you already know the score.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I mean, my mom still likes me and stuff.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hah, I re-read what I wrote and I didn't mean it that way! I was trying to quote your sentiment, but I failed to do so.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

ICJ, if you'll allow me to be candid for just one moment, you are a pure hetero male coming to the frustrating realization that sports is a way for men who are secretly queer for each other to congregate. Since you are married you should take advantage of its number one benefit: being able to go to water parks and not looking like a pedo.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Well, you know what they say,
"Oh when The Saints go marchin' in..."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

You pay him twenty bucks a month for that?

Kidding.

There's nothing wrong with being apathetic about sports. I'm like the poster child, as I'm sure are other members of this board. Obviously the bloom is of the rose if you don't care to see them play anymore. I blame the commercials.

THE
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Our kicker had one blocked today?

The game versus the Steelers was unwatchable due to flags. Every freaking play on both sides. It does not feel like we won the game and clinched the #1 seed in the NFC. It feels like we outlasted the officiating.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Apparently the refs took your criticism to heart.

Ice Cream Jonsey

That's true, hahaah. Certainly can't say they blew too many whistles tonight.

I don't know if it was coming through on all streams but there was a bunch of guys blowing whistles early in the game that ruined the broadcast. I see now who they took them from!

Whatever. My brother watched a Super Bowl that was fixed, there was the Bills game before the Patriots really, really got good where they said "just give it to them" and a dozen other cases of egregious officiating. The trick is to score so much it doesn't matter. I hope we sign Kareem Hunt in the off season and try to put up 50 each game, I mean why the fuck not? What will the NFL do, screw us out of a SB appearance?

pinback

Post by pinback »

1. The whistle was going on throughout the entire game, and on every broadcast. It was this guy: https://deadspin.com/the-fan-who-keeps- ... 1831910801

2. Your stoicism is remarkable. Because that was pretty outrageous.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Yeah, I heard the whistle repeatedly and wondered why plays were continuing after I thought they had been whistled dead.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Does anyone know if the whistler has a Patreon account I could support?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

A woman in the Walmart parking lot today asked if i was watching the game and I smiled and said i don't watch games with the Patriots in them and she didn't know what to say.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:58 am A woman in the Walmart parking lot today asked if i was watching the game and I smiled and said i don't watch games with the Patriots in them and she didn't know what to say.
Did you have a soda afterward?

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 pm 1. The whistle was going on throughout the entire game, and on every broadcast. It was this guy: https://deadspin.com/the-fan-who-keeps- ... 1831910801

2. Your stoicism is remarkable. Because that was pretty outrageous.
I mean, we got that Super Bowl so I can only get so mad. We lost a playoff game in 2010 to a piece of shit Seahawks team in their stadium (7-9) because they were "division winners" on that BeastQuake bullshit. The best team we ever had lost in 2011 against the 49ers, who I hate more than any other team on the last drive. (I actually called my brother to celebrate on that one before Alex Smith and Vernon Davis avoided a predictable blitz.) Then we lost our coach because every team was having millionaires put $100 in a pot. In 2013 it was Seattle's year but Jesus Christ, the last play was designed for Colston to THROW IT which makes me angry. Then we lost to Minnesota on the last play last year.

The defensive incompetence is one thing, this was just straight up the NFL's attempt to get the game to last longer. It's not exciting when one team ends it with 1:51 left. The same league that suspended our guy because they said we were trying to hurt people let a helmet blast go to extend a game. What a joke.

The worst part is, there is a built in "us versus them" thing going on. I won't watch a frame of the NFL if the Saints aren't involved. I support Payton and Brees and our ownership. I'm truly curious if Payton can take another guy and make him a top 5 QB - like, that is legitimately interesting to me! And it could be a lot worse, we could be in the no man's zone of Buffalo or the Jets.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:36 am Image
Tell me you're into that Mitchell and Webb look. Tell me!!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Apparently in the Saints VS Ravens game, the refs preferred to set the pass interference option to Midway's NFL BLITZ Mode.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ravens?