All rap made after 1998 sucks

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: All rap made after 1998 sucks

Post by Jizaboz »

.. Johnny Blaze!

Man I loved hearing this one in South side Winston god damn Salem when this and PS1, Ridge Racer, MK3 and the blunts were hot.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

At the brewery we\ve installed overhead WiFi speakers which we can connect to. Sometimes, it's an era-specific playlist, maybe some timeless soul classics or upbeat indie rock. Occasionally, we opt for rap:

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

ChainGangGuy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am At the brewery we\ve installed overhead WiFi speakers which we can connect to. Sometimes, it's an era-specific playlist, maybe some timeless soul classics or upbeat indie rock. Occasionally, we opt for rap:
Man.. can't fap to the video on silent.
Can't get stoned to the video while blind.

I'm sorry you have to experience this from time to time. Or, I just don't understand! I have horrible taste in most things, so I cannot judge.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I loved this video as a kid! Glad to see it is still on YT.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

What I'm saying is that rap is a beat with someone talking over it in a forceful manner. I find that to be pretty simple, anyone can do it. Now play Beethoven's Ninth symphony, not simple music.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 am What I'm saying is that rap is a beat with someone talking over it in a forceful manner. I find that to be pretty simple, anyone can do it. Now play Beethoven's Ninth symphony, not simple music.
You can write a rhyme that uses metaphors and similes make social justice points and/or enjoyable songs and then say it in time with stage presence? You missed your calling then by machining cuz you could have been better than Kid Rock.

Yeah, WCMF playing Foreigner again for the tenth time today is WAY better.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I can make a rap song, anyone can. Social justice metaphors and smilies have nothing to do with it. I can't be as good as the artists that are doing it because that's why they are rap artists.

I mentioned Beethoven, not Foreigner. The radio stations that play songs to death are not a reflection on song complicatedness.

I am saying that rap is a simple musical genre, a beat overlaid with talking, that's what I'm saying.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

If all it takes to make a hit rap song is to have someone saying 'motherfucker' several times over a beat-box, the bar of what is considered good music will have to be raised several yards just to get up to zero!
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Casual Observer

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 pm If all it takes to make a hit rap song is to have someone saying 'motherfucker' several times over a beat-box, the bar of what is considered good music will have to be raised several yards just to get up to zero!
What example of that do you have?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:07 am
Best fucking rap group theme ever haha. All of the voice clips in the songs were ripped from kung fu movies that I was already getting to.

Nunchuks over knives.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

During a Kohl’s and Target shopping spree the other day, I also picked up an xxl Wu-Tang Clan shirt for 12.99 at target. My female just relayed to me after my haircut that I look like hitler now sporting an old man style haircut with mustache. Should be an awesome combo.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Method Man was always a bit full of himself, and man does he talk a lot but here is a perfect example of him backing all of that up. His 2nd solo album on the hand was fucking garbage.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:25 am
Everytime I go back home I'm shocked that that station continues to play the same 30 classic rock songs, practically in order, with no apologies. Who hasn't gotten what they wanted out of that station by now? I've been gone almost 25 years and I could make a good guess on what songs are coming up. They are too scared to play non-famous tracks off their standard albums too. I don't get it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:26 am
Casual Observer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:25 am
Everytime I go back home I'm shocked that that station continues to play the same 30 classic rock songs, practically in order, with no apologies. Who hasn't gotten what they wanted out of that station by now? I've been gone almost 25 years and I could make a good guess on what songs are coming up. They are too scared to play non-famous tracks off their standard albums too. I don't get it.
Yeah, that gets on my nerves too. A lot of the bands on your local classic rock channels have a HUGE catalog of songs but the station will only play like 4-5 of the songs from any given one. There are sometimes special shows where a DJ plays "deep tracks" or something to that effect but this should not be special at all. Quit adding crap like Nirvana, Green Day, Pearl Jam, etc and just play some more songs from the classic rock period!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The same songs every day in a different order

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Simplistic tune by RZA, but man does it still stick. I want to say the man yelling in agony and the bees clip comes from the killer old anime: Ninja Scroll.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Also, let's play some Tekken 3 or some Panzer Dragoon Saga after work and ju-jitsu class. Then go to the strip club for shots and further wasting money and loving it despite being on minimum wage. Good times when I was listening to this..

Fuck that "Nothing is everything" song in that annoying commercial lol

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!