All rap made after 1998 sucks

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: All rap made after 1998 sucks

Post by Jizaboz »

I have ignored all posts after the Robert Goulet video.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 am Can you stick to your logon, pal?
Maybe he just meant he was "taking some time off" from that one account.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

This is why I am so strict in arbitrating the MVP award each year, all it takes is one or two sock puppet accounts to dramatically skew the results of the election.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:55 pm
Billy Mays wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:21 pmWhat does the Wu Tang Clan have, 3-4 guys
I am probably one of the few people here who has seen them in concert and it is like 800 people, you only hear about the main members because I guess the credits would be too long to type out anywhere else.
Ehh that 300 members thing ain’t exactly true but yeah man that’s cool you got to see them. I almost did but didn’t think the venue was legit or it was and would be sold out because rage against the machine was opening and it was at a college concert hall of all things.

I will say though my friends that went said there was so much weed they could barely remember details of the show. Asked them for the best parts and no one could say shit except Rage put on a good show. I didn’t and still don’t really care for rage.

I remember the last rap show I saw was Pharside (sic?). It bombed because all the white people just wanted to see Korn.
Sounds just like the time I saw Rage, Cypress Hill, and FunkDubious (still don't know who they were). Rage always puts on a great show, and the entire stadium was as thick with smoke as California is right now. I don't get people who like hard music or hip hop but not Rage, they're a great combo of both plus they're political. My boss loves hard music but hates rage. His excuse is he thinks they're "sellouts", writing about social justice but they had the nerve to get rich and famous, how fucking hypocritical of them right. Jizz, what's your beef with the RAGE

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:36 am This is why I am so strict in arbitrating the MVP award each year, all it takes is one or two sock puppet accounts to dramatically skew the results of the election.
As the election of Donald Trump proved utterly.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:55 pm
Billy Mays wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 pm

I am probably one of the few people here who has seen them in concert and it is like 800 people, you only hear about the main members because I guess the credits would be too long to type out anywhere else.
Ehh that 300 members thing ain’t exactly true but yeah man that’s cool you got to see them. I almost did but didn’t think the venue was legit or it was and would be sold out because rage against the machine was opening and it was at a college concert hall of all things.

I will say though my friends that went said there was so much weed they could barely remember details of the show. Asked them for the best parts and no one could say shit except Rage put on a good show. I didn’t and still don’t really care for rage.

I remember the last rap show I saw was Pharside (sic?). It bombed because all the white people just wanted to see Korn.
Sounds just like the time I saw Rage, Cypress Hill, and FunkDubious (still don't know who they were). Rage always puts on a great show, and the entire stadium was as thick with smoke as California is right now. I don't get people who like hard music or hip hop but not Rage, they're a great combo of both plus they're political. My boss loves hard music but hates rage. His excuse is he thinks they're "sellouts", writing about social justice but they had the nerve to get rich and famous, how fucking hypocritical of them right. Jizz, what's your beef with the RAGE
No beef with RAGE atm with exception of dude mistaking bad for good once in a while! When I was younger, I was even more of an old man about music everyone enjoyed. In retrospect, I was too neglectful about the RAGE. I am still catching myself banging my head and singing along a bit to Guerilla Radio every time it plays in new Tony Hawk 1/2 for PS4.

Honestly, and this is gonna sound weird.. I envied people back then that were SO into RAGE. I didn't have shit to be so excited about with exception to GWAR and older music at the time. Hell, I liked my English teacher's album he released when I was in the 10th grade better than the Pearl Jam, Candlebox, Live (I used to pronounce it "leeeve" just to piss people off. "Leeve sucks." lol), etc. Reminds me of kindergarten.

So, in Kindergarten when I had just turned 5 that previous summer I was in Ms Baker's class a few months. I recall my classmates singing songs about letters in the alphabet and other stupid shit and feeling completely alienated. Everyone around me seemed to be into something and excited about something I just could not grasp. One day, the principle walked in.. I think with a parent and a new teacher saying I was going to her class. In this class, hosted by a skinny, blonde, guitar-playing teacher named "Mrs. Rainy" we played more board games, could count to 1 fucking hundred, and were already doing some elementary reading and writing.

When I reflected on this memory in my mid 20s or so I thought.. "Wait.. was I moved to a retarded (that was the term back then people, fuck you) class?" but the above did not add up. Plus the fact I recalled Jack Barr was in my class. Who was Jack Barr? The coolest dude I ever met in pre-school and son of the local math teacher.

The point of this story? Rage aside (like I said, they were cool in retrospect and I should have went to that rage/wu-tang show!) I have always looked at people who truly enjoyed new things of any genre that were blasted over and over on the radio or other media outlets must have never left Ms. Baker's class.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Rap made before 1998:

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

jiz wrote:I didn’t and still don’t really care for rage.

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:48 am In retrospect, I was too neglectful about the RAGE. I am still catching myself banging my head and singing along a bit to Guerilla Radio every time it plays in new Tony Hawk 1/2 for PS4.

Honestly, and this is gonna sound weird.. I envied people back then that were SO into RAGE.
Retro's wrong, JC is therapeutic. In just a few posts Jiz has already achieved introspection.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:04 pm Rap made before 1998:
LOL The music in the background is actually pretty awesome that reminds me of something that would be in Burning Fight for Neo Geo or some shit. But oh man those lyrics.. even the Fat Boys were more poetic than this.
Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 pm Retro's wrong, JC is therapeutic. In just a few posts Jiz has already achieved introspection.
Fact!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

"All rap made after 1998 sucks."

Doesn't all rap music suck?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RealNC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 am "All rap made after 1998 sucks."

I would say no. I would also say more music in the "country" genre sucks more than rap.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:41 am
RealNC wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 am "All rap made after 1998 sucks."
I would say no. I would also say more music in the "country" genre sucks more than rap.
After all, if you play a C&W phonorecord backward, your dog comes back from the dead, your wife leaves her boyfriend for you, the pickup truck fixes itself, and the crops regrow. What's the best you get out of a rap song played backwards, plain English, and not even a prayer to Satan?
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:24 am What's the best you get out of a rap song played backwards, plain English, and not even a prayer to Satan?
A prayer to Satan is what you get when you play a Christian Contemporary song backward.
While there is time
Let's go out and feel everything!
- Steve Winwood, The Finer Things

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Just ordered a Rehh Dogg shirt. I was impressed how much I could customize it compared to other band shirts I've bought like Burzum and Darkthrone. Anything other than white is 4$ more. I got an orange one (Good luck finding an orange Wu-Tang shirt that doesn't look stupid these days) for 20$ including shipping. Apparently it will be printed and shipped from Charlotte which is pretty fucking American.

I will share the results when it arrives.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hahah absolutely GLORIOUS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

A couple of my favorites among like 20+ hits

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:29 pm
Haha Hate some M and Ms but I watched this because yr my friend. That beat in the background is Fat Boys - Crushin. Still kind of wondering why that full album is not free on YouTube. Copyright or lack of interest?

New shit from Reh Dog.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Just a kindly reminder that this is STILL the worst take on Jolt Country this year:

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻