Jet Crown Dixie

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Jet Crown Dixie

Post by Jizaboz »

Per mention of this album in another thread and unlike SOME PEOPLE I choose to stick to bases here..

Because the word "dixie" has been "cancelled", and there is no existing rip of this album.. here is a rip of my high school teacher's band created in the early 1990s I uploaded. Without permission. I tried contacting. I TRIED. Doubt they care. Heavily influenced by Fugazi.. so if you don't dig them you probably won't dig this.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Re: Jet Crown Dixie

Post by Jizaboz »

Anyone try listening to this shit?

Curious for reviews.. TDarcos I am looking at you. Rip it to shreds.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jiz, since you're a friend I listened to the whole song. And I am reminded of Richard Dreyfuss as the music teacher in Mr. Holland's Opus where he's discussing the song Wully Bully with a student. "These guys can't sing, and they're playing the same chords over and over." Only unlike Wully Bully, I don't like this song.

The music was too loud for the words. If your music drowns out the singer, you're playing too loud. In this case, I could understand he was singing or saying something, and the words were relatively clear, but were drowned out by the intense loudness relative to his singing. And it repeats the melody too much. That point bears repeating: the music repeats too much. Oh, and did I mention it was excessively repetitive? To empsize, I should probably say that again...

"That's two minutes and 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back."

The opening. What does the opening remind me of? I found the other song by looking up the words. The opening reminds me of The Middle by Jimmy Eat World.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

What year was it recorded? I'm guessing post modern punk before Seattle took over everything, 1988 to 1990

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm What year was it recorded? I'm guessing post modern punk before Seattle took over everything, 1988 to 1990
The album came out in 1995 but I want to say I first saw them at a local place in 93 or 94 and had one of their demo tapes.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Hey, that was pretty cool ... I can see 1995 me getting really into that. Reminds me some of Fugazi, yeah, some of Girls Against Boys.

I looked them up and saw they opened for Naked Angels a few times - Jiz, were you familiar with them? I hadn't thought of that band in a long, long time.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

gsdgsd wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm I looked them up and saw they opened for Naked Angels a few times - Jiz, were you familiar with them? I hadn't thought of that band in a long, long time.
Yeah! I saw them play a show at Eastern Vert skatepark back in the early 90s along with a band called "Soda Can". The guitar player/singer from that band went on to the band called "Squatweiler".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻